Applications Open for Clean Energy Infrastructure Program!
Deadline: 11 October 2018
European Commission is seeking applications for Clean Energy Infrastructure Program to finance projects of common interest in the energy sector, namely in electricity, smart grids, gas and cross-border carbon dioxide networks.
The call supports projects geared at the following objectives:
- Ending energy isolation
- Increasing competitiveness by promoting the integration on the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders
- Enhancing the Union’s security of supply
- Integrating energy from renewable sources and developing smart energy networks
- Eliminating energy bottlenecks
- Completion of the internal energy market
- Contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks and cross-border carbon dioxide networks
The indicative amount to be allocated on the basis of this call for proposals to projects of common interest in the field of trans-European energy infrastructure is €500 million.
- In accordance with section 6.1 of the Multi-annual Work Programme and pursuant to Article 9 of the CEF Regulation, only those proposals submitted by one of the following types of applicants are eligible:
- One or more Member States;
- With the agreement of the Member States concerned, international organisations, Joint Undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies established in Member States.
- For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article II.16.3.1 (a) (change of the legal situation of the beneficiary) of the grant agreement.
- Consortium composition: There are no specific consortium requirements for this call.
- Third countries and third country entities: Where necessary to achieve the objectives of a given project of common interest and where duly motivated, third countries and entities established in third countries may participate in Actions contributing to the projects of common interest. They may not receive funding except where it is indispensable to achieve the objectives of a given project of common interest.
- Applicants without legal personality: Proposals may be submitted by entities which do not have legal personality under the applicable national law, provided that their representatives have the capacity to undertake legal obligations on their behalf and offer guarantee for the protection of the EU financial interests equivalent to that offered by legal persons.
- Natural persons: Proposals submitted by natural persons are not eligible.
- Affiliated entities: Applicants may designate affiliated entities within the meaning of Article 122(2)(b) of the Financial Regulation, 12 for the purpose of supporting the implementation of the Action submitted for funding. Such affiliated entities must comply with the eligibility criteria for applicants.
- Member State agreement: Any applicant that cannot provide the agreement of the EU Member State concerned will not be eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Clean Energy Infrastructure Program.