APM Terminals recruits 01 Operations Supervisor
Transports et logistique
MA – Tangier
Under guidance of the Shift Manager, this position supervises a group of Operations Foremen, ensuring subordinates perform their jobs efficiently, safely and in a timely manner. Communicates vessel operation sequence and stevedoring requirements to subordinates.
Executes the planned yard sequence and advises planners on information required.
– Manage, motivate and instruct operational team members
– Structure tasks and goals, and establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information, efficiently execute daily tasks with considerations for high productivity through the effective allocation and utilization of equipment and labor.
– Responsible under the direction of the Execution Manager for the allocation and control of shift operational staff and the effective utilization of equipment resources to meet planned objectives ·
– Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory level of staff discipline during the shift and report to Execution Manager in cases of any violations.
– Ensure that safe working practices according to TM2 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to ·
-Supervise vessel berthing / sailing and mooring gang operations.
– Act as focal point to the vessel, yard and gate for any stevedoring issues · Coordinate the allocation of outsourced shuttle carriers operators and provide adequate supervision ·
– Allocation of lashing gangs to specific vessels and responsibility for ensuring unlashing/lashing work is done according to the work plan and to a satisfactory standard.
– Ensure lashing staff are adequately and timely deployed to the lashing platform in coordination with the lashing foreman ·
– Inform and liaise with shift IT staff on equipment IT issue/ failure ·
– Regular personal contact with ships officers and crew during berthing / sailing and vessel operations.
– Supervise and ensure smooth execution of gates activities and diligently manage exceptions with the gate manager · “Hot seat” handover policy has to be maintained at all the times to ensure continuous and smooth operations.
-· Coordinate adjustment to load/discharge sequence as necessary with the vessel planner in order to maximize production · Provide regular process control checks and initiate and support performance improvement activities.
– Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APM Terminals Code of Conduct.
– Requires a master’s degree or engineering degree in logistics, business administration or any relevant field
– 2-5 years of previous leadership experience involving on the field work with large amount of workers/labor
– Requires the ability to work well under pressure for long hours
– Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
– Must be computer literate and continuous improvement driven
– Previous experience in the port environment is an advantage
– Holding a valid driving license
-· Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
– Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with subcontractors