APM Terminals recruits 01 Mobile Harbour Crane Operator
Transports et logistique
Mobile Harbour Crane Operator
Last application date: 26/1/2020
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Operates mobile cranes, quay cranes and vessel cranes to load and unload containers to and from vessels in the port.
• Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
• Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to quay crane equipment, before, during or after the shift.
• Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
• Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Acts as Foreman under Hook when not operating STS Cranes.
We are looking for
• Minimum SCCE/WAEC requirement.
• The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience of equipment operations terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
• Previous experience as a reach stacker operator, empty handler and RTG Operator would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
• Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices terminal operations.
• Requires a comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
• Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment is an advantage.
• Requires capability to anticipate problems; recognize key issues in problems and escalate to immediate supervisor.
• Age range of 25 to 35.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
• Excellent visual acuity.
• Works well under pressure.
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills.