APM Terminals recruits 01 Mobile Harbour Crane Mechanic
Mobile Harbour Crane Mechanic
Last application date: 26/1/2020
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• To repair, fault find and diagnose faults on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes, Spreaders and other equipment. Also to Refurbish Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic components.
• To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
• Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
• Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
• To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
• Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
• Provide first line of response for any accident / incident investigation, emergency situations and damage assessments.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensures waste disposal is performed as per company procedures.
We are looking for
• A Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related dicipline.
• The ideal candidate will have at least five years previous experience as Mechanic in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience.
• Trade test certificate in mechanical technician.
• Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices terminal operations.
• Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment is an advantage.
• Requires capability to anticipate problems; recognize key issues in problems and escalate to immediate supervisor.
• Age range of 25 to 35.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
• Excellent visual acuity.
• Works well under pressure.
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills.