APM Terminals recruits 01 Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Last application date: 21/4/2019
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements.
• Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Maintenance Workshop for maintenance.
• Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
• To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on ReachStackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
• To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
• Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
• Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
• To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
We are looking for
• A Degree/Diploma in Electrical engineering or related discipline
• The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience as an Electrician in a container terminal engineering environment or in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
• Trade test certificate in Electrical engineering.
• Have experience in Automotive Air Conditioner.
• Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
• Advanced knowledge in Electrical components, maintenance and engineering.
• Age range of 25 to 35.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
• Excellent visual acuity.
• Works well under pressure.
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills.