Anti-Slavery International recruits 01 Africa Programme Officer
- Fee level: £16.62/hour
- Hours: 28 hours per week (with possibility of increase over time to 35 hours per week funding permitting)
- Duration: 18 months initially with possibility of extension funding permitting
- Location: This is a local consultancy role. Applicants should be based in Senegal. The work will be mostly home-based, with occasional requirement to work in communal space alongside the Africa Programme Manager who is based in Senegal.
- Travel: Possibility of travel for short periods of time to Mali and Mauritania (assuming no travel restrictions)
Overall purpose of the role: The Africa Programme Officer will be responsible for supporting the Africa Programme Manager in ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of project activities (e.g. advocacy, research, socioeconomic projects, capacity trainings and evaluation processes). The work will involve collecting and reviewing reports and updates from partners, monitoring project progress and ensuring that the required data is obtained, engaging in desk-based research, drafting written materials, helping with the preparation of project documents such as monitoring frameworks and budgets, as well as supporting the work of the Manager and any project consultants (e.g. making travel and visa arrangements), as well as providing assistance with donor reports and applications for new projects. The role will be based in Dakar, Senegal. However, the role will focus initially on descent-based slavery projects in Mali and Mauritania.
- Liaise with project partners as required by the Programme Manager, to get updates on project progress (activities, monitoring data, financial), clarify queries and gather information for reports or proposals.
- Conduct desk-based research and support and coordinate research by local partners, as and when required by the Programme Manager.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to donors and with funding applications for new projects.
- Support the preparation of other project management documents such as budget spreadsheets and workplans and the development of training materials.
- Translate project documents and correspondence from French to English and English to French.
- Support the preparation of project briefing materials and provide updates and information as necessary for ASI Fundraising and Communications staff, including blogs and social media content.
- Assist with gathering financial information from partners for project budgets or to assist the Finance team and the Programme Support Coordinator with reporting.
- Maintain efficient project administration and electronic project files.
- Organise logistics for country visits, meetings and conferences.
- Develop a knowledge resource of information relevant to the Programme and its development, including relevant articles, reports and updates.
- Contribute to the preparation of advocacy submissions on slavery in Africa for presentation to appropriate public bodies at international level (such as the UN/ILO) in liaison with Anti-Slavery’s International Advocacy Manager.
For more information on Anti-Slavery International, on the experience and personal criteria required for this role please see the application pack https://www.antislavery.org/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/
Your cover letter should set out why you are interested in this role and how your experience and skills meet the personal criteria detailed in the pack. Please do not just send a CV.
Application deadline: End of day Friday 4th December 2020
Please e-mail your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference ‘Africa Programme Officer’ in the subject line.
Candidates must be available to start as soon as possible after interview, so ideally December 2020 – January 2021.
Anti-Slavery International is committed to safeguarding all children and adults that our staff and representatives encounter. Candidates will be subject to appropriate verification for suitability and will be required to commit to uphold our safeguarding policies. These organisational safeguarding policies include but are not limited to, the Code of Conduct policy.
Please see the application pack for further information on the application and recruitment process
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com