Deadline 24 January 2020
Are you curious and part of an NGO covering sustainability and climate topics? Are you looking for new and insightful approaches to boost the impact of your work and accelerate change in sustainable behaviours that really matter? If yes, then apply for the Second Round of “The Academy of Change”.
Humanity is facing unprecedented challenges due to the effects of climate change that are already being felt around the world. To meet emission targets set by governments, with the aim of restricting global warming to below 1.5oC degrees compared to pre-industrial levels, CSCP will need the public to embrace a profound shift in ways of living, alongside systemic changes in other aspects of society.
Acknowledging the challenge and responding to this need is the Academy of Change, a unique capacity building programme on sustainable behaviour change. It is designed for leaders working on climate change and sustainability engagement within the Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) sector. The programme enables participants to incorporate evidence-based expertise and insights about citizen behaviours into their strategies and projects, generating greater impact from their activities.
Academy of Change is a non-profit initiative of the Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP), Behaviour Change and the International Civil Society Centre (ICSC), funded by the KR Foundation.
The programme is free of charge and will include strategic training, through both in-person workshops and online activities, networking opportunities and coaching sessions. The programme will consist of 7 stages, starting in May 2020 and will run for 4 months.
- The programme will consist of seven stages, with approximately three weeks allotted to each, between May and September 2020. After an introductory in-person workshop in Central Europe, the programme will use a range of formats to take participants on a journey from theoretical models of behavioural science to practical tools, implementation guidance, and evaluation thinking.
- Every stage will incorporate expert views, case studies and alternative perspectives for consideration. Each stage will start with a material release in various formats and topics, followed by a live discussion happening on the Tuesday one week after the material drop.
- Delivery will be supported by a range of media, from the initial in-person workshop to training videos, live discussions, podcasts, blog posts and more.
- This programme is designed for practitioners involved in activities to enable more sustainable citizen behaviour, within NGOs active on sustainability, climate change, environmental degradation and biodiversity.
- Applications from practitioners who:
- Have 5+ years of work experience
- Currently work in a NGO
- Are in a position to implement behaviour change activities, now or in the future
- Have the support of their organisation, with submission of a letter of endorsement encouraged
- Can commit to the time required, including participation in the in-person kick-off workshop in Central Europe 14th – 15th May 2020 and the closing workshop in Central Europe in September 2020
- Are proficient in English
For more information, visit https://www.scp-centre.org/aoc-call2/