Amref Health Africa recruits 01 Regional Manager (Amref West Africa)
Amref Health Africa is one of Africa’s leading non-governmental public health organizations. It undertakes programs in more than thirty (30) African countries with some 20 offices in Africa, Europe and North America. With the ambition to gradually expand to more countries in West Africa, Amref Health Africa has been working since 2011 in Senegal, 2014 in Guinea and 2015 in Côte d’Ivoire.
Amref West Africa Hub implements pioneering initiatives with innovative solutions that address a range of public health issues, including (i) reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health; (ii) communicable diseases; (iii) access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene; (iv) access to specialized medical and surgical care; and (vi) innovation and research. These interventions are implemented within a framework of strengthening public health systems in general and community health systems in particular.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Regional Manager is responsible for the Amref West Africa Regional Hub and strategically leads the Team to achieve the organization’s vision and strategic direction. S/he will provide leadership to over 35 staff and oversee Amref operations and programmes in the region. The role is based in Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel in the region – particularly where Amref has active projects. Fluency in both French and English (written and oral) is a key requirement. Suitable candidates from the region are encouraged to apply.
Developing and executing Amref WA strategy
- Develop and lead implementation of Amref West Africa strategy, working in collaboration with the Advisory Board.
- Lead regional identification of strategic areas of focus, development and implementation of the regional strategic plan, ensuring alignment with the global strategic plan.
- Promote Amref’s mission and vision and core values and identity to the Public, Government, Development partners, Corporates, CSOs, funding agencies and other stakeholders.
- Lead and work with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to clarify programmatic direction, values and quality.
- Interface with the country government to ensure strategic program implementation and integration.
- Identify like-minded organizations in driving common agenda and/or in partnership for an intervention.
- Lead in the development of the regional program technical portfolio and provide technical leadership in the overall development and management of regional programs, planning, advocacy, research, quality improvement, Knowledge Management, monitoring and reporting.
- Lead and review all program reports, assessing quality of the programs and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Support staff (program and operations) to deliver quality programs to beneficiaries.
Portfolio Growth/Business Development
- Attract funds to grow the portfolio of the regional hub to a level that is sustainable in the long term.
- Undertake ‘aggressive’ Business Development and establish new partnerships for funding or joint BD to ensure portfolio growth of Amref WA.
- Leveraging Amref HQ BD unit and Europe and North America (ENA) offices, engage with partners to identify and utilize opportunities for Business Development.
- Maintain contacts and courtesies with existing donors and partners.
- Identify and work towards gaining new donors and regaining previous ones.
Networking and Partnership
- Participate in, and speak at meetings and conferences, engaging with the media, and partnering with high-level stakeholders and donors.
- Proactively manage relationship challenges as they emerge or when anticipated while protecting Amref’s image to the best ability.
- Actively and regularly engage in relevant national and regional dialogues that are aligned to Amref’s strategic vision.
- Promote Amref’s engagement in scientific forums at national, regional, and international platforms.
- Support teams in organizing various events with local, national, regional, and international reach.
- Build on and expand/strengthen existing engagements and partnerships, networks, and stakeholders.
- Promote the brand and visibility of Amref in West Africa.
Systems Strengthening (Operations Management)
- Ensure efficient regional Operations (financial, human resources, IT, compliance, management, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems).
- Provide close oversight to organisational resources to ensure transparent and effective delivery.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures and proactively manage organizational risks.
- Guide operation teams and other cross-cutting functions in maximizing internal cost recoveries to be gained from products/items they deliver as well as from man-hours one extends to various requests.
- Through optimal management and supervision, ensure full responsibility and accountability by Heads of Units.
- Manage and support the operations and governance functions of the Advisory Board, which include facilitating its meetings, capacity building, and continuity.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Advisory Board.
Leadership, People Development and Motivation
- Build a strong Senior Management Team (SMT) and promote desirable culture change for the entire Amref West Africa hub.
- Promote professionalism and sound ethics across the entire Amref WA office Team.
- Lead in regional staffing informed by appropriate organizational design to meet the programme objectives.
- Inspire, mentor, coach, and guide staff to demonstrate self-leadership in their assigned roles.
Desirable Educational and Professional Qualification
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Project Management, Development or other relevant fields from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field;
- Relevant professional qualification;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Over twelve (12) years’ relevant experience with over five (5) years in management, two (2) of which should be at senior management level in a similar organization.
- Understands programme and project management.
- Broad knowledge of the Amref programmes and strategic focus.
- Strategic and innovative with the ability to sell the vision of the organisation.
- Ability to develop long-term integrated and cross-functional operational plans.
- Ability to operationalise strategy into action for the organisation as a whole.
- Strong leadership skills, executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Fluency in French and English languages (written and oral)
- An office in Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel to other countries in the region where Amref has projects.
Closing date: 7 March 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.devex.com.