|Amnesty International recruits 01 Human rights education program coordinator|
|Description de l’offre|
Human Rights Education Program Coordinator
Amnesty International Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
• Temps plein · Premier emploi
Ensure overall coordination of this Human Rights Education programme aiming to prevent and reduce rates of female genital mutilation (FGM) and early and forced marriage (EFM) for girls in Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal, through education, awareness raising and advocacy with a view to bringing about attitudinal and behavioural change as well as legislative reform ; Support Amnesty Sections in Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sierra Leone to ensure the implementation of activities in line with the programme budget and timeline; facilitate communication and collaboration between all stakeholders and facilitate content gathering.
• Ensure the timely submission of reports; consolidate and submit quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
• Contribute to design and implement a comprehensive M&E framework in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor overall programme delivery and progress (activities, objectives, expenditure and risk) through regular communication, reporting, virtual programme review meetings and annual visits
Capacity building and learning
• Facilitate and coordinate learning and capacity strengthening.
• Ensure the documentation and capitalisation of resources and data generated by the programme.
Relationships, networking and other
Identify and develop relationships with relevant regional or international organisations and networks which could provide resources, technical support and/or strengthen communication/advocacy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proven experience in the successful coordination of multi-year and multi-country programmes with high-value budgets, preferably focused on gender-based violence, FGM and/or child marriage.
• Significant experience of working for an international NGO, supporting local partners and managing donor-funded programmes.
• Knowledge of women’s and girls’ rights, gender-based violence, FGM and/or child marriage.
• General knowledge of the West Africa region, and specifically the countries covered.
• Knowledge of programme cycle management concepts and tools.
• Proven capacity in developing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks and tools.
• Strong financial management skills; proven capacity in budgeting monitoring and financial reporting.
• Proven experience in the timely preparation and submission of clear and concise reports.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and French
• High level of attention to detail and excellent organisational skills; ability to work autonomously.
• Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and child protection standards and protocols.
• Willingness and ability to travel to the three countries of intervention; knowledge of their contexts desirable.
• Master’s degree or similar relevant expertise in a related subject (e.g. human rights, social sciences, gender studies, development studies…)
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply Online for this job :