Amnesty International recruits 01 Digital Content Producer
- Directorate:Deputy Secretary General
- IS Office Location:Dakar
- Type:Fixed Term Contract
- How many months is contract?:24 months
- No of weekly working hours:35
- Salary:EUR 46,803
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the West & Central Africa Regional Office with dynamic team based in Dakar, working together for human rights change.
Amnesty International West & Central Africa Regional Office is looking for a Digital Content Producer to produce audio-visual and other digital materials to advance the West & Central Africa Regional Office’s human rights agenda. Through the development, production and planned distribution of a wide range of social media tailored pieces, you will support Amnesty’s campaigns, help mobilise a growing number of supporters to the movement and aid fundraising activities.
The Regional Content Producer will coordinate, script, produce, shoot and edit creative, targeted, broadcast-quality audio-visual products for internal and external outlets and others which reflect Amnesty’s organizational and campaigning priorities in West & Central Africa.
This post requires creative ideas generation, technical content production skills, the ability to lead or collaborate on shared creative visions and react quickly to news events.
The role reports to the Regional Content Manager.
- You have a strong track record in audio-visual production and video editing demonstrated through a portfolio and excellent video editing skills using Adobe Premiere (or Final Cut Pro) with After Effects experience desirable
- You have a demonstrated ability to identify strong stories and robust writing skills (in both French and English)
- You have an experience working in a multilingual context, managing a multilingual digital presence
- You have excellent communication skills – particularly with colleagues and in areas that may need negotiation or diplomacy, and experience of collaborative working.
- You have ability to create content suitable for our supporter journeys.
- You have a proven ability to deal sensitively and ethically on human rights issues and with victims of human rights violations, in the context of audio-visual digital production work.
- You have a good understanding of current and emerging copyright issues, ethical considerations regarding video or audio recording of individuals and licensing agreements.
- Identify trending topics that can be turned into various digital assets including short videos, infographics, and posts.
- Fact-checking to ensure all content is on point and on brand, and that assets used are either fully cleared or credited in accordance with Amnesty International guidelines
- Distribution of tailored digital content for Amnesty International’s digital platforms, and across Amnesty Sections and movement.
- To ensure all original Amnesty International material filmed in the field is logged – specifically supporting the development of Amnesty’s digital asset management system – ADAM.
- To support the organization’s best use of audio-visual material by providing specialist advice within the program by identifying and participating in audio-visual and social media training as appropriate.
- To feed into and helping deliver a content strategy for the organization.
- To analyze engagement and channel health for social media channels, and support with testing.
- To carry out own administrative tasks related to the post in accordance with the guidelines on self-servicing and to monitor progress and adherence to agreed standards, including establishing systems to ensure accountability and reporting.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
What we hope you will do next
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
JD Regional Content Producer WA Final.pdf (169.00 KB)
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Closing Date:15 February 2022Postuler