AMD Corporate recruits 01 Chief Operating Officer (F/H)
In line with the strategy and decisions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and approved by the Board of the company, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for driving the operations as regard to:
Ensuring that the agencies and branches implement the agreed business strategies, including but not limited to the Digital Financial Services (DFS) initiatives;
Supervising the three countries DFS operations: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Mali;
Supporting the CEO in all aspects related to the business transformation into DFS;
The management, coaching and development of his/her team to achieve the business objectives.
- Main responsibilities and activities
Key operational areas of responsibility are:
– In close collaboration with the DFS Project Manager, ensure the implementation of DFS initiatives;
– Networking and cooperation within the AKDN to strengthen performance and outreach within the mission of the network;
– Oversee and monitor performances of the following services/departments :
o Product development, implementation, delivery, quality and pricing;
o Customer service development, key contacts, needs analysis and acquisition & coordination with multiplying institutions;
o Sales organization and sales support;
o Marketing, external relations, media;
o Market and Competition analysis and monitoring;
– Professional and personal guidance & development of staff in her/his team;
– Contribute to a smooth and trustful cooperation with all stakeholders.
Key areas of social responsibility are:
– to provide financial services to the poor and low income population;
– to help them to improve the business and social life;
– to support the CEO to strengthen, where agreed, development activities with related AKDN agencies.
– For the area of responsibility (mainly Digital Financial Services):
o Ensure proper implementation of the operating policies and procedures and monitor their adherence for the area of responsibility;
o Prepare and introduce company’s business plans, budgets and forecast, with contribution of the Financial Services;
o Establish and maintain internal reporting systems;
o Assure reliable operation of the company;
o Follow reliable risk based development of the company and assure full and in-time information about risk development;
– Perform other duties as may be requested by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Staff Responsibility
The COO is responsible for guiding and developing the staff under her/his supervision.
- Revenue, Expense and Fund Responsibility
The COO is responsible to achieve and improve the result of an agreed budget and forecast.
S/he shall use the company resources in an efficient, effective and balanced manner.
S/he is responsible for a correct and economic use of expenses within the limits of the company budget and regulations.
The COO has to be fully aware of the financial performance and structure of the company.
Education and experience
Master degree in Engineering, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Finance, or relevant
At least 15 years of experience and a track record in the banking sector and ideally in the microfinance area
At least 5 to 8 years of experience in digital financial services, alternative channels, and/or financial technology architecture & implementation, agent network management, and/or working in partnerships with Telcos;
Understanding of complex business processes and requirements, particularly in crisis-affected emerging market contexts
Skills and competencies
Expertise in change management, capacity building, and leadership development
Expertise in Digital Financial Services
Capability to deal with and manage ambiguity
Strong networker & partnership builder
Team builder and coach
Strong and clear communicator
Fluency in French and English; other languages are an asset
The position is based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, with frequent travelling to Mali and Ivory Coast. In the future, the position might be relocated to one of the other countries under supervision.
- Reporting to
The COO reports to the CEO
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject title.