Ambassade du Royaume-Uni à Dakar recrute 01 électricien
Main purpose of job:
To carry out electrical installation, inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments; maintain and repair fire, alarm, test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency to BS7671:2008
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Inspect, maintain, and repair electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment.
- Carry out electrical work in residential and office buildings, including electrical rewires, wiring upgrades (according to Wiring Regulations and FCDO electrical standards), minor repairs and fault finding,
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment
- Carry out periodic inspection, testing, and completing of the necessary test certification in accordance with FCDO Regulations.
- Complete other electrical certification where required.
- Undertake testing of all portable and fixed electrical equipment (PAT Testing).
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality, in a competent manner;
- Ensure compound/residence fire alarms and emergency electrical systems are operational and perform certification testing on alarm system.
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Supervise maintenance of stand by generators and keep records on a log book.
- Assist Estates manager to order supplies of electrical materials.
- Liaise with the Electric Power Company as required
- Monitors work done by third party contractors in accordance with FCDO requirements and report back to line manager/ Regional Technical Work Supervisor.
- Liaise with colleagues and contractors as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed terms/timeframe.
- Carry out any other tasks given by the line manager.
- Baccalaureate level with a Certificate in Electricity
- At least 3 years proven working experience
- Work without close supervision, but a good team player
- Use of IT – Microsoft apps
The successful candidate should hold a relevant qualification in Electricity and be willing to obtain further qualifications as necessary.
Closing date: 4 October 2022.