Ambassade des Etats-Unis à Dakar recrute 01 Technicien HVAC
- Salary: 9,374,796 CFA/year
- Closing date: 30 November 2022
The incumbent reports directly to the Building Engineer Supervisor. He/ she is employed as a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work at the journeyman HVAC technician level, to International Building Code (IBC) standards, throughout all facilities on the New Embassy Compound (NEC) to include office buildings, out buildings, ancillary structures, and residential owned/leased properties.
- Three (3) years of journey-level experience in the installation, operations, repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial HVAC/mechanical refrigeration systems.
- Three (3) years work experience operating, maintaining, or repairing 100 ton chillers or larger, and large air-handling units is required. Work experience must demonstrate a progression of increased responsibility working on complex sophisticated equipment and components, including operation and maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- The incumbent must have superior knowledge, exceptional technical skills, and a thorough understanding of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems with an in-depth understanding of thermodynamics and how they apply to HVAC theories and principles.
- Must be well-versed in HVAC controls including motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, motorized and gravity dampers, and building automation systems and sensors.
- Must have a thorough understanding of US or IBC standards, mechanical / ASHRAE standards, indoor air quality standards, building pressurization, ductwork sizing and air flow principles, and fire and life safety codes.
- English level II (Limited Knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading in English is required in order to understand verbal requests, read some technical material, and prepare simple reports.
- French level III (Good knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. In order to communicate with local contractors and other LE Staff.
- The incumbent will have superior skills and abilities in the following areas: troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing HVAC systems and components; taking and interpreting equipment readings with various meters to determine system performance; skilled using all sorts of hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools typical of the HVAC trade to install, remove, update, and/or determine appropriate repairs to any component of a HVAC system including control sensors, controllers, motors and dampers.
- The incumbent must be computer literate with good skills using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) software; able to apply basic math and algebra skills when sizing equipment; able to read and interpret construction and as-built drawings, and manufacturers technical literature; able to research the internet to find replacement parts for systems and equipment; and, knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and industry best practices to correct/resolve HVAC issues quickly.
- Must have substantial skill in comprehending engineering reports, specifications and related materials in English.
- Additional abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments; communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- A driver’s license is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks. Must be organized.