Ambassade des Etats-Unis à Dakar recrute 01 Peintre
Salary: 7,202,077 CFA/year
Closing date: 09/28/2022
The incumbent works in the Facility Management section of the Embassy. He/she carries out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and painting repair work in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. He/she serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433.
- Three years of experience as skilled painter is required
- Knowledge of the significance of the positions of Ambassador, Deputy Chief Mission, Section Heads and VIPs; knowledge of various chains of command within the Embassy; and adherence to applicable post policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures involved in the painting field; and general knowledge in the following trades: Carpentry, Plumbing, and Electrical. Knowledge of local availability of common building trade supplies and materials, environmental regulations pertaining to disposal of paints, solvents and hazardous operations, e.g. sandblasting, lead paint removal, etc.
- Level I (Rudimentary Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English ability is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing French is required. (This may be tested)
- Manual skills required for carrying out the duties of painting; and the ability to perform simple repairs and maintenance tasks in the other trades.
- Position requires numerical skills to provide estimates of work duration for purposes of coordination and scheduling.
- Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- Must have a valid, current license for a car. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.