Ambassade des États-Unis à Dakar recrute 01 Assistant Visas
US Embassy Dakar hiring Visa Assistant.
- Salary: 11,065,937 CFA/year
- Closing date: 22 December 2023
Incumbent serves as the Immigrant Visa (IV) and Diversity Visa (DV) clerk in a 3- person unit that processes over 3,500 IV and asylee following to join (V-92) cases/year for residents of 5 West African countries.
The incumbent screens incoming files, documentation and other information from a variety of sources to organize and track IV, DV, and V92 requests according to a complicated set of laws and procedures so that the Consular Officers can make decisions and ensure that the legal requirements have been met.
The incumbent receives work requirements and tasks according to standard operating procedures and inputs relevant data into an established process. Serves as back-up to the Consular Section’s Section main cashier, back-up for Time and Attendance, and translator for local languages.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two years in the visa/consular area, or area related to customer service and/or work applying regulatory material is required.
- Strong knowledge of PCs and PC based software.. A developed knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and procedures in processing of routine to very complex visas. Knowledge of the embassy’s structure, goals, operating procedures, rules and regulations. The position requires extensive cultural knowledge of Senegal and the West African region since we cover six countries, as well as of the political and security climate as it may affect visa applicants required.
- Level 4 Fluent (speaking/reading/writing) in English is required.
- Level 4 Fluent (speaking/reading/writing) in French is required.
- Level 3 Good Working Knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) in Wolof is required. (This may be tested)
Skills and abilities
- Exercise of tact and good judgment in dealing with public.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a professional distance from visa applicants.
- Ability to understand and apply basic visa laws and regulations.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy is required.
- Ability to use MS Office and Consular software is required.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : erajobs.state.gov.