ALIMA recrute 01 Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Flying Manager – Nigeria – M/F
ALIMA in Nigeria
We will focus its efforts in Nigeria’s Mission to provide primary, and secondary health care and support through ALIMA projects in Nigeria.
The main objective is to reduce the mortality and morbidity suffering among the vulnerable population in the 4 projects of our interventions in Nigeria:
- Reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with chronic disease and communicable diseases among the population of Maiduguri, Yobe, Katsina, and Owo
- Reduce mental health burden through psychological care in the intervention areas
- Support ITFCs to deliver trauma of patients and mothers in the different units
- Ensuring a rapid response mechanism to delivered healthcare support to the affected population
Mission Location: Abuja / Maiduguri, Yobe, Katsina and Owo
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record check or character reference is not possible, a declaration of honor will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
- He/she reports to the Medical Coordinator (line manager), and to the Mental Health referent at HQ (technical manager).
- He/she manages the mental health team
- He/she works in close collaboration with the coordinators (medical, logistics and projects).
The Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Activity flying Manager (MHPSS) is responsible for the mental health strategy and the implementation of psychosocial support for patients, their families, the community, and the teams. He/she ensures the functioning of the mental health pole on the Nigeria projects.
- Implementation of ALIMA programs
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Representation, and coordination with other teams
- Management of the mental health team
- Capacity building and team facilitation
- Implementation and follow-up of the psychological support of the teams on the different projects
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence
Expériences / Formation
- Professional Master’s degree in clinical and/or health psychology or equivalent
- Previous experience in humanitarian work
- Experience working with vulnerable people in an intercultural context
- A minimum of 3 years of Proven experience at the psychological scope
- Proven experience of conducting training
Qualities of the candidate
- An ability to problematize and summarize the main psychological issues and be able to set priorities
- Good teamwork and delegation skills
- A good deal of autonomy and the ability to create one’s own position in line with the association’s objectives and resources
- Good writing skills
- A good knowledge of psycho-trauma
- English fluent
- Nigeria’s local languages could be an asset
- Contract term: contract under French law, contract length: 6 months (renewable, based on funding availability and performance)
- Position to be filled: ASAP
Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for :
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter online.
Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.