ALIMA recrute 01 Human Resources Coordinator -SUDAN – M/F
ALIMA, the international medical NGO with a human face, which places at the heart of its model, the co-construction of projects and professional paths
THE ALIMA SPIRIT : ALIMA’s raison d’être is to save lives and treat the most vulnerable populations, without any identity, religious or political discrimination, through actions based on proximity, innovation and the alliance of organizations. And individuals. We act with humanity, impartiality and with respect for universal medical ethics and our environment. To access patients, we are committed to intervening in a neutral and independent manner.
THE VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action, included in our CHARTER :
- Patient first
- Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine
- Responsibility and freedom
- Improve the quality of our actions
- Collective intelligence
- Environmental responsibility
ALIMA promotes and defends the principles of fundamental human rights. ALIMA has a zero tolerance approach towards those guilty of acts of gender-based and sexual violence as well as towards inaction in the face of suspected or actual acts of violence. Protecting those benefiting and impacted by our intervention is our top priority in everything we do. Anyone working with ALIMA commits to :
- Respect the charter, code of conduct, institutional policies including the policy of protection against abuse of power and gender-based and sexual violence, the policy of prevention of corruption and fraud;
- Report any violation of policies, framework documents and procedures to a superior, a superior, a referent, a referent.
CARING – INNOVATING – TOGETHER :
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 7 million patients, and today deploys its operations in 12 African countries. In 2020, we developed 67 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflicts, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects support national health authorities through nearly 357 health structures (including 45 hospitals and 312 health centers). We work in partnership, especially with local NGOs, whenever possible to ensure that our patients benefit from expertise wherever it is, whether in their country or in the rest of the world. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we are carrying out operational and clinical research projects, particularly in the areas of malnutrition and viral hemorrhagic fevers. ALIMA also conducts operations in response to the covid-19 pandemic in all our missions.
OUR PROJECT THEMES : Malnutrition, Sexual and reproductive health including gender-based violence, Primary and secondary health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Hemorrhagic fevers, meningitis, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Covid-19).
OUR COUNTRIES OF INTERVENTIONS : Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea, South Sudan, Mauritania and Senegal.
ALIMA IN SUDAN
At the end of March 2021, ALIMA visited Sudan for the first time to develop contacts andgather enough information to set up an ALIMA mission in the country.
From April to August, two exploratory missions were conducted by ALIMA : one in Khartoum in May 2021 and one in South Kordofan in August 2021. These have led to the opening of 2 projects:
– In August 2021, ALIMA started to support Covid-19 outbreak in Omdurman Hospital that will end beginning o
– ALIMA started a reproductive health project in South Kordofan in December 2021 and is at the moment seeking for fundings to secure the project in 2022
– ALIMA will a start a project in Al Saab Hospital in Khartoum in January 2022 in order to develop oxygen capacity in the structure
In 2022, ALIMA plans to conduct an assessment in the Red Sea State
Place of issue : Khartoum – Sudan
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3 : The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the recruitment process and may be required to make field visits. He/she may therefore be in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where it is not possible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct, a declaration on honour will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
Line manager : Head of Mission
Technical referent: HR Desk referent
Staff under his/her hierarchical responsibility: HR Manager, HR Assistant. He/she is functionally responsible for the HR aspects of the Project Administrative Managers (PAR)
Collaborates with the coordinators (capital and field)
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
To ensure the proper management of the mission’s human resources in accordance with the ALIMA management framework and local legislation.
To be the leader in defining Human Resources strategy and advising managers.
Be the focal point with the administrative authorities (Labour Inspectorate, Lawyer, Social Security, Taxes, etc.).
Represents ALIMA in inter-NGO administrative forums.
1.Administrative management of the mission, legal monitoring
- Ensure that the legal documents are updated for the proper functioning of ALIMA
- Ensure annual registration of lease contracts, house contracts, coordination and projects
- Ensure the legal monitoring of the mission by creating and maintaining a network of relevant information in its areas of responsibility and in particular on labour and tax legislation
- Contribute to the definition, validation and application of documents, procedures and policies for personnel management (internal regulations, contracts, recruitment policies, etc.)
- Initiate the definition and revision of documents, procedures and policies for which he/she is responsible in accordance with local legislation and ALIMA procedures
- Participate in the elaboration of the agreement protocols between ALIMA and the partners
- Produce the monthly report of the mission on the human resources and administrative aspects
2.Administrative Management of Human Resources
- Ensure the rigorous application of the recruitment policy on all bases and in all positions (from the definition of the need to the archiving of recruitment files)
- Train RAPs in ALIMA procedures, good recruitment practices and recruitment techniques
- Participate in the recruitment process for base managers (HR validation)
- Participate in the recruitment process of the ETAMs of the bases on request of the CP and/or the RAP
- Provide RAPs and team leaders with recruitment tests when required or advised
- Provide RAPs with a general induction of ALIMA and the mission, support the updating of the project section and ensure that each collaborator benefits from this induction
- Ensure that each new employee recruited to the base is briefed on the internal regulations, the code of good conduct, the anti-fraud policy and the policy for the prevention of harassment and sexual and gender-based violence
- Ensure that the induction process is understood by the stakeholders and implemented on the mission (coordination and bases) and ensure HR induction of all managers
b.Employment contract and follow-up
- Ensure that personnel files are complete and maintained in electronic format
- Implement and maintain efficient contract monitoring tools and ensure that RAPs use them (monitoring of contract dates, leave, etc.)
c.Payment of wages, taxes and social security contributions
- Supervise the use of the payroll software and train the RAPs on their responsibilities
- Validate payrolls each month for each base
d.Life and team composition
- Support the organization of monthly staff meetings
- Participate in staff representative / coordination meetings
- Participates in the resolution of work conflicts in collaboration with project coordinators, RAPs and team leaders
3.Operational Human Resources Management
- Support project coordinators and department managers in defining the composition of their teams
- Update and share mission organization charts with the bases, coordination and headquarters on a monthly basis
- Participates in the elaboration of the mission’s budgets for the HR part (organization chart, salary, bonuses…), international transport, rent.
4.Quality management of personnel
a.Job Profile – Performance Objective Plan – Review
- Provide RAPs and team leaders with standard job profiles
- Ensure that updated job profiles are available for each employee and that each employee has read and signed them, support the PARs and team leaders in case of blockage
- Train team leaders in the use of POP documents and reports
- Check that team leaders set objectives at the beginning of the period and carry out staff reviews at the end of the period
- Analyzes personnel reviews from a career path perspective
b.Training and capacity building
- Develop an evaluation report including the training needs expressed
- Be proactive in identifying sources of funding for training, and in identifying collaborations with other NGOs, training organizations present in the country
- To be responsible for the organization of training taking place in the coordination or in the city of the coordination
- Support the organization of training courses held at the base or at headquarters
- Propose and anticipate the secondment of personnel to other ALIMA missions
- Accompany the capacity building of all employees in support of team leaders
- Collect data related to the training provided in the field and propose an analysis of these data
- Apply post-training monitoring and evaluation methods to measure impact
- Liaise with the Head of Training at headquarters
5.Specific management of international staff
- In liaison with the administrative department in Dakar, ensure the administrative follow-up of the international staff: arrival and departure dates, paid holidays, passports, visas and plane tickets
- In collaboration with the Admin/HR Manager, ensures the renewal of expatriate visas, security visas and/or any other legal documents required by the police and the Ministry (Agreement, Convention with the Ministry of Trustees, Request for entry permit…)
- Monitor contract dates and bring to the attention of line managers at least 3 months in advance
- Ensures that the files of internationals are prepared and provides the necessary documents for those who do not have them (ALIMA card, mission order, residence permit, etc.)
- Organizes visitor briefings
b.Recruitment and follow-up
- Support the mission leader and the project coordinators in the planning of the breaks and provide a monitoring tool
- In collaboration with the administrators, alert for interim and final reviews
- Ensures the transmission of reports and end-of-assignment reports to the HR desk officer
- Supports the Head of Mission in the management of human resources of expatriate staff (conflict management, anticipation of recruitment, drafting of job profiles, etc.)
6.Team management and leadership
- Set up an HR department for coordination with recruitment and training of a national team
- Define job profiles and performance objectives for team members
- To carry out the assessments of its team in an approach of professional course
- Facilitating training actions to develop/reinforce team skills on HR and cross-functional themes.
- Propose and support job changes in accordance with ALIMA policies
- Propose and anticipate secondments
- Promote staff mobility (internal and external) within the framework of the policies in force
- Identify the skills that team members need to acquire in order to master their positions and organize training to reinforce them
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Develop an evaluation report including the training needs expressed
- Produce the monthly HR report and related documents
8.Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Support the Head of Mission in the implementation of the AMAP action plan
- Implementing standards for abuse prevention, including safe recruitment procedures
- Ensure that team members attend training and awareness sessions and follow abuse prevention rules
- To help create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be modified as the mission evolves.
Expériences / Formation
Training in human resources management or in the field of international solidarity
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, in the position of Finance and Human Resources Coordinator and/or Human Resources Coordinator
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in emergency and degraded security contexts is highly desirable
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills, rigor and autonomy
- Writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel…)
- Knowledge of HOMERE software
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Adaptability and diplomacy
- Ability to work as a team in multicultural contexts
- Training and coaching skills
- A good command of oral and written English is essential ;
- French is an asset.
- Arabic is an asset
Type of Contract : CDD under French law
Contract length : 6 months with possibility of renewal
Position taking : February 2022
Salary : Very competitive + valuation of experience + Perdiem
‐ Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of mission
‐ Accommodation costs
‐ Medical coverage from the first day of the contract to one month after the date of departure from the country of mission for the employee and his dependents.
‐ Evacuation for the employee
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online before 01/11/2022.
Applications are processed in order of arrival. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + Cover Letter) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged