AKADEMIYA2063 recruits 01 Manager, Information Systems & Spatial Data
- Position Title: Manager, Information Systems & Spatial Data
- Position #: SN22-NR-003, Re-advertised
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Duration: 2 years renewable
AKADEMIYA2063 (A2063) was established to continue and expand the portfolio of policy research and capacity strengthening support for implementing the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). AKADEMIYA2063 overall mission is to provide data, policy analysis, and capacity-strengthening support that enables African Union member states to achieve inclusive and sustainable development and economic prosperity. AKADEMIYA2063’s programs portfolio consists of The Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (ReSAKSS), the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium, and the Malabo Montpellier Panel (MaMo Panel). AKADEMIYA2063 is headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, with a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Through its department of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology, AKADEMIYA2063 is looking for a Manager of Information Systems and Spatial Data (MISSD). The position will be based in Dakar (Senegal) and the successful candidate will report to the Director of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology.
The MISSD will be responsible of designing and maintaining AKADEMIYA2063 databases and cloud systems. The MISSD will actively ensure the proper operation of the eAtlas, e-Biennial Review (e-BR), and fast-mapping tool platforms and participate in the development of new digital tools and services. Your three main initial priorities are, in collaboration with team members: (i) to understand and ensure the proper operation of the eAtlas, e-BR, and fast-mapping tool platforms (ii) to strategically develop our Information Systems capacities in terms of data (Spatial data included) Collection, Storage, Process and Distribution; (iii) and to build AKADEMIYA2063’s digital products such as web platforms and dashboards.
The successful candidate must show a strong capacity in working autonomously and dealing with several priorities in a fast-paced environment. She/he must have a strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity of collaborating with the staff at different level of the organization and with external partners. She/he must have a strong capacity of self-motivation, must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have high organizational planning and reporting skills. Interested applicants must already have the proper authorization to work in Senegal.
Duties and responsibilities
As the Manager of Information Systems and Spatial Data, your main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the databases and cloud systems management and ensure their maintenance for AKADEMIYA2063 platforms.
- Lead our AWS cloud IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
- Gradually lead the development and maintenance of the eAtlas, eBR, and fast-mapping tool platforms.
- Collaborate with team members in developing other AKADEMIYA2063 web platforms.
- Develop protocols, policies, and capacities in terms of data processing, storage, and distribution from AKADEMIYA2063 databases to researchers and partners in countries.
- Collaborate with team members to establish the online fast-mapping Tool as a primary web mapping facility for countries and partners.
- Ensure AKADEMIYA2063 access to a high-quality Spatial Data and its availability for research projects and digital products.
- Maintain a good knowledge coverage on new GIS technologies, software, and methodologies, and ensure its dissemination within the Department and country partners.
- Work with team members and other departments to develop AKADEMIYA2063 web and mobile friendly data gathering tool.
- Support the development and integration of new technological tools in our platforms.
- Support and participate in research projects with spatial data analysis.
- Master’s degree – Computer Science or Information Technology or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in platform development and cloud systems.
- Experienced in Automating, Configuring, and deploying instances on AWS, and Cloud system, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Cloud database and managing security groups on AWS.
- Good knowledge and experience of relational databases and NoSQL.
- Good experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau Public and Microsoft Power BI.
- Good experience managing and maintaining windows server.
- Proven experience in software upgrades / installations and testing procedures.
- Ability to interface smoothly and communicate effectively across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Independent thinker who promotes/champions process improvement within the organization.
- Knowledge of GIS applications as they relate to agriculture, health, and population data.
- Understanding of vector and raster applications.
- Experience in remote sensing time-series data (e.g., MODIS, AVHRR, Spot, etc.).
- Knowledge of publishing on ArcGIS Server and working with ArcGIS Online.
- Ability to work independently, to be proactive, to take initiative, and to work within a team setting.
Pour voir l’offre en entier cliquez ICI