Apply to the Agriculture for Food Security 2030 Training (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 29, 2016
Agriculture for Food Security 2030 welcomes applications to a short training course. The Agriculture for Food Security 2030 (AgriFoSe2030) programme funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) will conduct a training course for African young researchers on effective research-to-policy communication for agricultural development.
The course is open to 30 young researchers working on agriculture and food security. 15 places will be available for the specialization in “Socio-economic dimensions” (Theme 1) and 15 places are allocated to the specialization in “Multifunctional landscapes” (Theme 2). Course will be held from January 22-28, 2017 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The course is free of charge. Travel, lodging and meals will be covered by the organizers.
- Be university lecturers or post-doctoral researchers currently affiliated with a university in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have recently completed his or her Ph.D. in a field of relevance, within five years of the course date (no earlier than Jan 2011);
- Have a good record of scientific publications in the areas of agriculture, agroforestry, forestry, environment
or any other similar area;
- Have experience or strong interest in knowledge exchange and communicating research outputs to policymakers for impact.
- Submit a CV including current affiliation, academic specialisation and publication list (max 10 pages);
- Include maximum 1-page letter describing i) your motivation to attend the course, and ii) how you intend to use the knowledge and tools from the course in your policy outreach work;
- State your preference for specialisation for the second half of the course in the headline of your e-mail: Theme 1 (Socio-economic dimensions) or Theme 2 (Multifunctional landscapes);
- Send your application to Claudia Deijl: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of September 2016.
For more information, visit Agriculture for Food Security 2030 Training.