AGRA: Seeking EOIs for Catalyzing and Sustaining Agricultural Transformation in Kenya
Deadline: 7 November 2018
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its grant program entitled “Catalyzing and Sustaining Agricultural Transformation in Kenya”.
To support the implementation of PIATA in Kenya, AGRA is seeking potential partners, to deliver the four Strategic Objectives (SOs) of the program:
- SO-1: Increased staple crop productivity for smallholder farmers (focus on staples, pulses and potato value chains)
- SO-2: Strengthened and expanded access to output markets, in the value chains identified in SO-1
- SO-3: Increased capacity of smallholder farming households and agricultural systems to better prepare for and adapt to shocks and stresses;
- SO-4: Strengthened continental, regional and government multi-sectoral coordination and mutual accountability in the agriculture sector
The maximum Grant period of performance is 3 years from the February 2019 to February 2022.
Interested Applicants Profile
The potential partners will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Relevant departments/units of Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and irrigation and other ministries, with respect to Provide an enabling environment for input (Seed, Fertilizer) and output marketing, Access to finance and development of trade and partnerships;
- The different institutions forming the national agricultural research and extension systems (NARES), including KALRO and the universities;
- The private sector operators of business along the entire seed, fertilizer and marketing value chain (such as private seed companies, contract seed farmers, providers of services e.g. mechanization, irrigation and PHH), agro-dealers, and farmers’ organizations; and
- NGOs or private firms providing BDS and other consultancies.
NB: Organizations with capability can submit individual grant application. In addition, organizations are allowed to jointly submit grant applications. Where applicable after receipt of grant applications, AGRA has a chance to ask the organizations to jointly implement at award stage.
Organizations contemplating submission of applications in response to this expression of interest (EOI) must determine whether they meet the following requirements to be eligible for AGRA grant award:
- Five (5) years of demonstrable organizations working experience in either one or a combination of the following systems level areas; Seed systems, fertilizer systems, mechanization, market systems development, policy, advocacy, access to finance and partnerships.
- Demonstrable grasp and experience in Seed systems, fertilizer systems, mechanization, market systems development, policy, advocacy, access to finance and partnerships
- Demonstrable working experience in programs supporting women and youth as stakeholders in implementation activities.
- A team with experience with systemic issues in the following value chains: Potato’s, pulses, oilseeds, and staples.
- The organization should hold a valid company registration and presence in Kenya.
- Provide evidence of existing relationships working with the aforementioned value chains in Kenya.
- Provide CV’s of key staff proposed for this assignment.
How to Apply
Expressions of Interest must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit AGRA.