African Union recrute 01 Warehouse & Assets Management Officer (AfCDC)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Warehouse & Assets Management Officer (AfCDC)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Head of Facilities and Asset Management
Directorate/Department/Organ: Africa CDC
Division: Facilities and Asset Management
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Fixed term
Location: Addis Ababa
Purpose of Job
The Warehouse and Asset Management Officer is expected to deliver an improved service to business units within the Africa CDC. Thus, the incumbent must ensure availability of supplies and assets through a proper planning and management mechanism. This will include supporting and conducting proper receiving, maintenance, issuance and recording of supplies and assets while adhering to the rules and procedures as well as aligned policies of the AU.
This job involves the following main functions that are generally applicable for this category:
• Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research.
• Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
• Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
• Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
• Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
• Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
• Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
• Liaise with Procurement Team and suppliers or transporters on timing of receipts or issuance of the supplies. Assess availability of space and plan stacking/palletisation prior to arrival/receipt optimizing usage of the available capacity and resources and timely turnover of supplies;
• Arrange and lead crew of casual labour workers for unloading/loading of trucks.
• Receive and release supplies based on necessary authorisation. Verify quantities and quality (including packing) according to goods receipt document, packing lists, waybills, pre-delivery inspection reports or purchase orders and report discrepancies if any;
• Ensure that all stored materials are clearly marked with stock bins with appropriate references and quantities per pallet/section & stored in a safe & appropriate manner. Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance and systematic arrangement of stock;
• Monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies and report on irregularities, if any, in relation to storage, receipt or dispatch & security of the warehouse;
• Maintain records and ensure appropriate filing for all documentation related to movements in and out as well as monthly warehouse stocktaking reports;
• Perform monthly physical inventory checks, provide monthly stock reports and data on receipts/releases, and immediately report on any variance with records. Assist in regular/random physical stock taking in the warehouse;
• Maintain records of fixed assets and ensure periodic verification is carried out.
• Manage MM Module in ERP System
• In coordination with the supervisor, handle administrative issues related to safety and maintenance of the warehouse.
• Maintain and suggest improvements of the current security systems to ensure the highest possible level of security. Arrange cleaning of the warehouse;
• Perform any other logistics task as requested by the supervisor
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree OR Bachelor Degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology (IT), Accounting and Finance, Business Management, or any other relevant discipline.
• A professional certificate or affiliation to a relevant Supply Chain Professional body is an added advantage.
• Two (2) for Masters or five (5) years of relevant work experience for Master or Bachelor Degree holders respectively
• Proven experience in warehouse and asset management
• Experience with relevant automated systems.
• Proven expertise in warehouse management, demonstrated technical knowledge and analytical skills related to Warehouse Management.
• Familiarity with AU or international organisations’ procedures and systems is an asset.•
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
• Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions
• Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Communicating with Influence
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than December 4, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Requisition ID: 2053