African Art in Context Call for Submissions: African Resilience in the Wake of a Pandemic
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Are you a photographer or a videographer? What’s your COVID-19 story? Send in your photo and video submissions that showcase African resilience in the wake of the pandemic.
A global pandemic dramatically reshaped the world, the continent, and all lives. But amid the disruption, hope is seen. Innovators rising to respond to the challenges. Communities stepping up to practice the precautions required. Each of us doing what we can, and what we must, to keep going. Safely.
The African Art in Context Call for Submissions seeks to tell those stories. Too often in crises, the narrative surrounding Africa is dominated by inordinate fear and negativity. This is your chance to shape a narrative that showcases to the world what we see everyday: the resilience, ingenuity, and beauty of a continent that is navigating COVID-19 with courage, commitment, and compassion.
- Finalists in the photography category will receive a USD $200 honorarium for every selected photo, while finalists in the videography category will receive USD $400 for every selected video.
- Finalists will also be considered by Bobby Pall for future training and exhibition opportunities.
- Entrants must be between 18 to 35 years.
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of two photograph(s) OR a video that is no more than one minute (60 seconds) long. Entrants may not submit both photo and video content.
- Entry is not open to employees and family members of Mastercard Foundation, NAMU Communications and Bobby Pall Photography.
The finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Informational Content/Relevance to Theme
- Technical Proficiency (colour, lighting, and focus)
- Artistic and Visual Impact
- https://concoursn.com/wp-admin/African%20Art%20in%20Context%20Call%20for%20Submissions_%20African%20Resilience%20in%20the%20Wake%20of%20a%20Pandemic%20_%20Opportunity%20Desk_files/ads(3).html Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg and .png format. Photos should be submitted with the highest quality possible regarding file size, bit depth and resolution. Both colour and/or black and white images will be accepted.
- Videos must be submitted in .mp4 and .mov format. They may not exceed 1 minute in run-time. Videos should be submitted with the highest quality possible regarding file size, bit depth and resolution.
- The material must not constitute copyright infringement or otherwise violate or infringe Mastercard Foundation or third party rights, including but not limited to trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights.
- The submission must not contain dates, texts, brand names, logos and/or trademarks.
- The submission description and captions must be in English or contain English translations.
- Filmmaker must have rights to use any soundtrack (music bed), sound-effects and any graphic/animation assets.
To avoid disqualification, each entrant must fill and submit the following forms:
- Registration Form;
- Photographer/Videography Consent and Release Form; and
- Subject Consent and Release Form (to be printed, filled and signed by every subject depicted in the submitted photograph(s)/video).