Application Deadline: Sunday 10th January 2016
Based on a special partnership between theParis School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD),multiple scholarships ranging from partial to full tuition fee grants will be offered every year to incoming students in the Master in Development Practice at PSIA. The AFD is the main implementing agency for France’s official development assistance to developing countries and overseas territories.
- The AFD-PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to nationals of African countries only. Priority will be given to students coming from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic,Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Liberia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Applicants must have already submitted a full application to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2016 intake through the Sciences Po Admissions Portal (including all supporting documents and references) and must have applied to PSIA’s Master in Development Practice (one-year program).
- Please note that only applicants successfully admitted to PSIA will be considered for the scholarship.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
- Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the best candidates on the basis of their academic record and their project at Sciences Po.
- In principle, the AFD-PSIA Scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
- The AFD-PSIA scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at PSIA on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of the class): students enrolled on the Master in Development Practice must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester.
- The scholarship is dependent on the awardees completing their course of study at PSIA. A change in Master will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship.
- Please note that the scholarship offer is for students beginning their studies in September 2016 and may not be deferred
- To apply, please send the following materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘AFD-PSIA Scholarship Application 2016’ in the subject line.
- For all applicants:
- CV in English
- Cover letter of 1000 words in English addressed to the members of the joint selection committee
- Completed and signed release form (see page 3)
- For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above mentioned items (CV and cover letter), please also provide:
Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs)
Two letters of reference from professors. To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly by email to: email@example.com
The AFD-PSIA joint selection committee will review the scholarship applications.
- The deadline to apply for the AFD-PSIA Scholarship is Sunday 10th January 2016, at 11:59pm, French time.
- Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The 2016 Sciences Po admissions campaign begins in October 2015.
- Results will be announced by mid-March 2016.
For More Information: