AFD Digital Challenge: Innovation for Women in Africa
Deadline: 12 November 2018
Have you created a company leveraging digital innovation tackling gender inequalities or Economic, Social, Cultural, Political Inclusion of Women in Africa? If yes, then apply for AFD Digital Challenge!
The aim of this challenge is to promote entrepreneurial initiatives managed by women and/or men.
- DIGITAL CHALLENGE INITIATIVE 15 000€: Rewarding two startups going through the induction phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to innovate.
- DIGITAL CHALLENGE SUCCESS 50 000€: Rewarding two startups going through the expansion phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to scale up and develop.
- DIGITAL CHALLENGE – JURY’S AWARD 20 000€: Rewarding one startup demonstrating outstanding originality and uniqueness in its approach to the challenge of women inclusion.
Any innovative entrepreneurial initiative:
- demonstrating the existence of a legal form and having a proven activity on the African continent
- owned by women and/or men, and having a positive impact on women’s inclusion and the reduction of gender inequalities
- leveraging digital technologies to amplify its impact
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit AFD Digital Challenge.