ADICE recruits 01 Mission VSI/ Junior EU Aid Volunteer, Coordinator of Partner Organizations Network
This volunteering position is to work for a small grassroots organization mainly active on local development aid projects. The volunteer is expected to be autonomous and able to take initiative to support the hosting organization and the local community in the development of their projects and activities.Association « Merkuri » is an organization dealing with women rights, gender issues, prevention of domestic violence and support of women – victims of domestic violence. The organization works in West Georgia since 2007. Since March 2018, Association « Merkuri » is dealing with shelter for women affected by domestic violence. In 2010, Association « Merkuri » initiated a Gender Network in Samegrelo Region (GNS). GNS is a non-formal union of 17 women organizations that work in different municipalities of Samegrelo Region to consolidate efforts and to support gender equality and women rights in the region. Association « Merkuri » provides coordination between members of the network.
The main objectives for the volunteer are:
– to support organizational development of Gender Network of Samegrelo;
– to strength internal and external contacts of Gender Network of Samegrelo;
– to enhance capacity of local NGOs in humanitarian response and assistance.
EU Aid Volunteer will work mainly at Association « Merkuri », but in strong communication with members of Network.
The volunteer’s work will include:
– visits in organizations to assess development needs and capacity of member organizations;
– updating of strategic goals;
– strength communication between organization;
– set up action plan to rise visibility of GNS;
– build contacts with stakeholders, potential partners and donors.
The volunteer will live and work in Zugdidi – the biggest town in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti Region (West Georgia) and last town before administrative boundary line which split Tbilisi controlled territory and Self-Proclaimed Abkhazia. This geo-political circumstance has influence on social, economic and political life in city and in whole region. Zugdidi was affected during civil wars in 1992-93. Around 80 000 internally displaced people (IDP, internal refuges) are still hosted in Samegrelo Region. Hard social and economic situation and post-conflict syndrome are reflecting in everyday life of local and internally displaced people.
Population of Samegrelo is more than 350 000, habitants of Zugdidi is around 70 000.Security context
Despite of the hard experience in 1990s, nowadays Samegrelo region (and whole Georgia as well) is secure place. Ongoing conflicts are determinate as « frozen » and city is located in demilitarized zone. Overall security situation on the ground has remained stable and calm.
Main risks for volunteer are connected with road traffic, disaster, personal safety and security.
The volunteers will receive detailed information about Safety and Security challenges and ways of risks prevention will be discussed during Security Briefing and during the whole project.
Examples of activities:
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||– Degree in Social science, social marketing/communication or related fields.
– Languages: fluent Russian or English (B2 – C1).
– Previous volunteering experience in another country is a plus.
– Experience in working with networks of organization.
– Experience or interest in capacity building, project management, institutional development or relevant field.
– Flexible with different cultures, religions, and being able to work in multi-cultural environment.
– Strong autonomy and adaptability
– Willingness to learn local language and adjust lifestyle to local context and environment.
|Experience||0 à 3 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes, Direction et administration|
|Secteurs d’activité||Genre, Développement économique et local, Droits humains|
|Salaire / Indemnité||The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
The volunteers will have to adapt and to be flexible regarding the local working and living environment that is very different from the European one. The volunteer must be autonomous and be able to take initiatives.
A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (243.91 euros per month), will be paid to the volunteer to cover subsistence (food, any other personal items) in addition to a local transportation reimbursement (up to 40€ per month).
|Comment postuler||To apply, please send your complete application (Application Form, Europass CV and Self Assessment Questionnaire – in Excel) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the documents are not properly completed, your application cannot be considered.|
|Date de fin de validité||27/04/2019|