ADA inviting Austrian Organizations for Co-financing Projects in Countries of the South
Deadline: 20 September 2019
The Austrian Development Cooperation (ADA) is inviting development organizationsbased in Austria to submit co-financing projects in developing countries of the South.
Funding will be provided for projects that directly combat poverty, build self-help capacities for beneficiaries and strengthen local institutions. This round will focus on projects on gender equality, economic, political and legal empowerment of womenand strengthening of sexual and reproductive health . Projects in African countries can only be promoted if they pursue gender equality as their main objective.
The funding instrument “Individual projects – CSO-Co-financing in developing countries” applies to projects in developing countries according to the OECD’s Development Assistance Committee/DAC’s definition which are implemented by development organisations in cooperation with local partner organisations.
The funding instrument, Individual Projects South, is available to Austrian civil society organisations (CSOs) that implement multi-year projects in developing countries together with local partner organisations. The partners must retain responsibility (ownership). Another criterion is cooperation with other local and international organisations and interest groups and alignment of activities with the policies and strategies of partner countries.
The maximum amount of funding by ADA is EUR 250,000 per individual project.
The total project budget (all financial means for project implementation) must amount to a minimum of EUR 250,000 and should not exceed EUR 500,000.
- Eligible for application are associations, foundations, trade unions, local authorities or other public corporations based in Austria. Individuals may not submit applications.
- Eligibility of Applicants:
- Eligible applicants are development organisations as defined by clause 3 (2) of the Development Cooperation Act. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- No later than the time of contract preparation the development organisation must have a permanent establishment in Austria.
- The projects must be planned and implemented in collaboration with one or more local partner organisation(s) – Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) – which is/are registered in the partner country.
- Organisations currently implementing a framework programme or a strategic partnership with funding from ADA in Southern Regions are not eligible for funding of individual projects in Southern Regions.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application forms via given website.
For more information, please visit Austrian Development Cooperation.