Active Citizens Fund: Promoting Democratic Participation, Active Citizenship and Human Rights in Lithuania
Deadline: 3 September 2018
The Financial Mechanism Office, the secretariat of the EEA and Norway Grants is seeking a Fund Operator to develop and implement the EEA Grants programme for civil society in Lithuania.
The objective of the Civil Society Programme Area is: ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
Areas of Support
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
In Lithuania, the allocation to the Active Citizens Fund (the civil society programme) is EUR 9,000,000.
- In order to be eligible for the Fund Operatorrole, all organisations submitting a bid (Lead and Co-Bidders) must:
- Be legal entities in the EEA
- Be non-governmental, independent of local, regional and central government, political parties and religious institutions
- Form a consortium
- Have stable and sufficient sources of finance to maintain their activity throughout the Programme
- Have experience working with the civil society sector in the beneficiary country
- In addition, The lead bidder must:
- Be non-profit making with a non-commercial purpose
- At least one organisation in the consortium bidder must:
- Have sufficient re-granting experience
- Have sufficient experience in strengthening civil society capacity and sustainability
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Active Citizens Fund.