Active Citizens Fund in Portugal to Strengthen Democratic Culture and Civic Awareness
Deadline: 15 July 2019
Active Citizens Fund in Portugal is seeking applications for small projects under Outcome 1 of the Programme “Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness”.
- Citizenship education and training at formal and non-formal levels
- Promotion of democratic literacy
- Citizens’ awareness-raising, information and outreach on the importance to participate actively in the community;
- Civic activism and mobilisation activities
- Promotion of volunteering and solidarity
- Strengthening youths’ social participation, their involvement in the community and promoting their active participation in decision making processes
- Advocacy activities
- Public policy watchdog and monitoring activities, including the implementation of recommendations or decisions taken at the international level
- Awareness raising, sharing of information and participation in decision-making processes concerning public policies
- Collaboration between NGOs and investigative journalists to ensure transparency and combat corruption
- Partnerships and promotion of structured dialogue between NGOs and public and private entities to address social and environmental problems
- Awareness raising campaigns and media literacy actions that tackle fake news and disinformation
- Number of awareness raising campaigns carried out
- Number of civic initiatives led by supported NGOs
- Number of volunteers recruited by supported NGOs
- Number of partnerships between NGOs and schools promoting civic education
- Number of people educated in civic rights
- Number of NGO initiatives promoting access to information on public/private policies
- Number of NGOs engaged in monitoring public and private decision-making
Size and Duration of Projects
- Small projects under this area shall have a total supportable cost between 10 000 euros and less than or equal to 30 000 euros, with the eligible costs of the project co-financed at a rate of up to 90%.
- The maximum duration of small projects to be selected under this call for applications shall be 18 months, with an expected start date in January 2020.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/grant/strengthened-democratic-culture-and-civic-awareness/