16/10General description of the position
provide overall operational and programmatic leadership to the Helmand mission through planning, oversight, and implementation of programs in the Helmand area in line with the country strategy.
– You are responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the country strategy in Helmand and the implementation and impact of the base program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF’s values (Charter), Programming Principles, and Strategy
– You also ensure that ACF systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources
– You lead and manage the ACF Helmand team to ensure the implementation of programs, manage the field team in achieving ACF’s global mission in the area and ensure the proper use of resources in achieving impact for the local population
– You are responsible for maintaining compliance to the mission and base security protocols and for ensuring their regular update in response to changes in the security environment. This will include coordinating a response and action in circumstances of a security event taking place in coordination with the Kabul management team
– You are responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and other partners. The will include representation of the organisation, mission and its values with external stakeholders in Helmand
Presentation of the country: As a politically fragmented, natural disaster-prone nation, Afghanistan has long faced levels of chronic insecurity, internal displacement, and widespread poverty that has subjected its populations to ongoing hardships and recurring humanitarian crises. Communities remain food insecure for a range of reasons, from the cumulative impacts of multiple droughts, erratic climate shocks and seasonal flooding, a lack of infrastructure and limited access to markets. Although education and health have improved in urban areas, rural populations remain largely vulnerable to maternal and perinatal mortality and infant mortality and diseases, malnutrition being a major concern.
Presentation of the mission: In 2017, ACF implemented several integrated project in Nutrition and Health, WASH, FSL and MHCP responding to the needs of the most vulnerable in Helmand, Ghor and Kabul. Moreover, ACF extended its ERM approach into more provinces such as Helmand, Ghor, Daykundi, Nimroz and Bamyan. In Kabul, ACF focused its activities in Kabul Informal Settlements through a WASH and Nutrition project and in 26 Health Facilities via a Nutrition project, both aiming to reduce Acute Malnutrition. In Ghor, ACF secured an integrated long-term project to implement Nutrition, WASH and MHCP activities to prevent mother and child mortality and morbidity. In Helmand, ACF implemented three integrated projects in WASH and Nutrition, one also including MHCP. In November 2017, a new integrated project with Nutrition, FSL, WASH and MHCP activities targeting 47,881 beneficiaries (without double counting) started to be implemented.
Security, working and living conditions: ACF is operationally working in 3 bases: Kaboul, Helmand and Ghor with its coordination team located in Kaboul. In total, the Afghanistan mission counts 400 national staff and 15 international staff. Kaboul has a very cold winter (a cold allowance will be given if you work during this period), spring and autumn are very nice and summer is pretty hot. The expatriates share a guest house with internet, electricity, TV room, indoor sports room and garden including a badminton and volleyball field. A variety of restaurants, supermarkets and grocery shops where you can have access depending on security rules and situation. The context is highly volatile in Kaboul and security conditions can change very quickly. Thus, the movements are limited, walking outside is often forbidden and a curfew is strictly imposed.
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Do you fit the requested profile ?
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Développement économique et local, Droits humains, Gestion crise / post-crise|
|Salaire / Indemnité||
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
Transportation and accommodation:
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
|Comment postuler||CV and Cover letter|
|Postuler en ligne||https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/4417/A-Field-Coordinator/|
|Date de fin de validité||10/01/2020|