Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Health and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the health, nutrition and care practices programs, as well as liaising with various external partners.
Objective 1: Design and implementation of programs
- To ensure that the commitments to donors are respected in the implementation of the activities on the field.
- To ensure the quality and timely implementation of the planned activities. To follow and support field activities through visits, phone and email.
- To capitalise the experiences and develop good practices and success stories.
- To give technical assistance and orientation to the rest of the nutrition and health staff.
Objective 2: Strategy
- To support the Country Director and Coordination Team in country analysis and strategy definition.
- To develop and update the health and nutrition sector strategy and ensure the sustainability of the project outcomes.
Objective 3: Coordination and representation
- To participate in coordination meetings with external stakeholders and nutrition and health sector working groups.
- To represent AAH for internal and external coordination at the capital level for issues related to health and nutrition.
Expériences / Formation
- Training: Nurse / Nutritionist / Medical Doctor / Public Health specialist with experience in the management of reproductive and child health programs (at primary health care level) in emergency and post-emergency situations.
- Technical specific knowledge: Primary health care, reproductive care, care practices, health care management, IYCF-E, CMAM, MHPSS.
- 4 years of previous related experience in nutrition and health.
- At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian sector.
- Experience with AAH is a plus.
- Language required: English
- IT Systems: Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Mobility: International.
- Commitment to Gender Equality: Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Base: Khartoum – Sudan.
- Excellent remuneration package: Annul Gross Salary ranges between 31,350 and 37,950 EUROS.
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period (one week every eight weeks), including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.