Country: Bangladesh Dhaka
Duration: 24 months
Work context: Currently Action against Hunger is responding to a humanitarian crisis in Cox’s Bazar where 617.000 Myanmar Nationals fled across the border to Bangladesh. Action against Hunger has scaled up the nutrition activities in the refugee settlements, while continuing to implement existing activities for the Host Communities of Cox’s Bazar. Action against Hunger implements 5 Stabilization Centers and support to 5 Government stabilization centers, 118 Outpatient Therapeutic Programme centers, 4 Targeted Supplementary Feeding centers, Blanket Supplementary Feeding Centers, kitchens providing hot meals, Infant Young Child Feeding in Emergencies counselling etc. The activities are implemented in close collaboration with WASH, MHCP and FSL departments.
The coordination with health and nutrition partners is crucial during the emergency to ensure collaboration, good programme coverage, thus more lives saved. It is important to represent Action Against Hunger and use experience and knowledge of Action Against Hunger for advocacy and for the development of tools used by the sector.
ACF Bangladesh is more than 1000 national staffs, 12 expatriates, 1200 volunteers working on 15 projects with different Donors. The HR department consist of 20 national staff in two bases: Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management, which is consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislations.
More specifically, your responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the definition of mission’s strategy
- Ensure high quality accounting for the mission
- Ensure high quality cash management for the mission
- Provide financial and budgetary management
- Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners’
- Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
- Manage the Finance team in capital and support technically the finance managers in the bases
You hold a relevant degree in Finance and/or Business Administration. You have at least 3 to 5 years of financial management/accounting experience and at least two of which has been with an INGO or comparable international experience
Specific conditions / salary:
Contract: 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from €2450 to €2660 upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 532€ net, field paid.
- +150 € of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period.
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance Department to perform effective risk management and plan the mission’s financial strategy. It is a very important and complex role since mission is implementing a shared cost methodology and revising the HR structure.
The Head of Finance Department must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to long term financial forecast and analysis. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the mission as well as possible risks.
The ideal candidate shall be an excellent leader since all Finance department (26 people) will be under your command.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.