Action Against Hunger has been operating in Yemen since 2012, upscaling its emergency activities in 2016 due to the conflict between Al Houthi and the Saudi-led coalition. Yemen is currently facing one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises, with 80% of the population in need of humanitarian aid. Action Against Hunger has responded to multiple large-scale and interconnected emergencies: conflict, famine and a cholera epidemic, using a multi sectoral approach (Nutrition & Health, Food Security, WASH and Mental Health programming) and by piloting the country’s first Rapid Response Mechanism alongside UNICEF. Donors supporting these programs are the EU through ECHO and DEVCO, UN agencies (UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA, UNFPA), GAC, DFID, SIDA and private foundations. Focus is now on providing life-saving quality health and nutrition services, addressing the causes of hunger and undernutrition and promoting evidence-based programming through surveillance, analysis, and advocacy.
Due to the locations of donors and the timeframe for processing visas, this position offers an opportunity to divide time between field offices in Sanaa and Amman.
Sana’a is located at 2300 meters/7500 feet altitude, so temperatures can be quite low in winter. Office and guesthouse are in the same compound. The rooms are private and personal. The building is supplied with public electricity and a generator is also available. Due to the current security situation, social options are very limited, not only for ACF but for all organizations.
To know more about Yemen: https://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en/missions/yemen/
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director – Programs, you will be responsible for managing the overall internal and external reporting and grants management processes in order to ensure the quality of relationship with donors. You will also be responsible for the optimization of grant and program management processes.
Maintain Grants Systems and Priorities
- Maintain and update all grants systems, including mapping of key donors and opportunities, key deadlines, sectors, etc.
- Maintaining ACF systems, including sitreps, context updates, activity progress tracking (APRs), etc.
- Lead on the development of improved program management processes and tools
- Capacity building for program and support staff on processes
Lead on Program Development in Line with Country Strategy
- Lead on development of concept notes and proposals for key and new donors
- Working with technical program advisors to develop and update sector-level program strategies that can be presented to donors for program development and will feed into country strategy update;
- Focal point for discussions with key donors on new and ongoing programs, and with the International Donor Relationship Unit on ongoing programs
Lead all internal and external reporting processes
- Develop and update tools for tracking and planning both internal and external reporting processes
- Ensure that internal reporting processes are streamlined and simplified as necessary
Ensure compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
- Ensuring that ACF Yemen is in compliance with donor regulations with regards to grants management and reporting
- Mission focal point for questions related to donor regulations
- Development of compliance fact-sheets as appropriate, or work with HQ to develop key points
Support Consortium Coordination and Project Management of Emergency-Response Consortium Activities
- Provide project management support for ACF emergency and rapid-response activities implemented under consortium grants where ACF is lead
- Support Consortium Coordinator to lead regular consortium meetings and communicate with partners and donors
Ensure effective coordination of programs integration
- Oversee the progress of programs implementation and suggest actions when needed
- Elaborate, support and monitor full integration of programs activities
- Provide strategic leadership in program development, using learnings and context monitoring to identify areas of strength and opportunity
You have at least 4 years of experience in an INGO, in Grants or Project Management.
You have work in remote conditions (management and support) and you hace experience in highly insecure and complex environments.
You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure, your management skills and your ability to balance multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
You have already worked with donors including ECHO, DFID, UN organisations, and GAC
You have a strong written and verbal communication skills. Above all, you have the ability to work both autonomously and part of a team (willing to support others members of the team and to share workload).
You speak and write English fluently (mandatory)
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: fixed term contract under French legislation
Duration : 6 Months
Starting date: June 1st 2020
Remuneration and benefits:
- Monthly gross salary: from €2450 to €2800 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 616 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + country allowance depending on where the position will be based (Yemen or Jordan)
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 6 weeks if based in Sanaa or 12 weeks if based in Amman).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for fast learning and professional growth. There are numerous overlapping emergency responses, and opportunities to get involved with designing emergency responses and coordinating consortia