Action Against Hunger hires 01 Advisor – WARO
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 27 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children.
Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Under the general guidance of the Regional Representative, the Regional Food Security & Livelihoods t is responsible for
• Management of (i.e. Support to and Follow-up of) regional projects: methodological guidance (tools, guidelines, advises), M&E tools & systems harmonization, follow-up of projects’ progress, support to scaling-up, backstopping, lesson-learning and the dissemination of good practices across countries
• Strategic development: identification of funding opportunities, development of partnerships, support to / lead on the design of regional proposals, donor negotiations & representation in its field (FSL)
• Advocacy and profile-raising: in the field of Food Security & Livelihoods, participation to regional meetings & fora, donor representation, regional organizations’ representation, networking with UN/ NGOs/ academics & universities/ regional bodies, advocacy (in the field of Food Security & Livelihoods and in collaboration with other WARO team members).
• Contribute to an improved quality and impact of regional projects
• Increase our operational capacity in the region for FSL
• Contribute to enhanced ACF technical positioning and advocacy capacity
• Advanced university degree in economics and/or rural development and/or agronomy. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Extensive Knowledge in the field of Food Security & Livelihoods, preferably in recovery & development programmes; knowledge in the fields of DRR, Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping, Cash programming
• Relevant professional work experience at national and international level in Food Security & Livelihoods programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in this field is required
• Humanitarian sector knowledge: Mandatory. Knowledge of West Africa is an asset
• Knowledge of Action Against Hunger is an asset
• Languages: French & English
• Advanced Office, GESPRA is an asset.
• Mobility (national/ international): International travel will be required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
• Formal work contract: 1 year.
• Base: Dakar.
• Salary: from 1.850 € to 2.400 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
• Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
• Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger.
• House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
• Travel costs to and from the mission.
• 25 working days of paid leave per year.
• Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
• Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
• Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
HOW TO APPLY:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service at:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
Click on the link below
Cliquez sur le lien suivant