ACTED recrute 01 Infrastructures Technical Coordinator – Juba (with frequent travels to Maridi – more than 50% of the working time)
Fixed term | 12 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on Infrastructure
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in Infrastructure sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on Infrastructure technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on Infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the Infrastructure sector;
- Analyse the activities in the Infrastructure sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead Infrastructure project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the Infrastructure sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal Infrastructure Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent Infrastructure strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main Infrastructure issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal Infrastructure meetings on a monthly basis.
- Define project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the [sector] sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other Infrastructure staff to implement the ACTED projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with Infra technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of Infrastructure sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and Infrastructure best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on Infrastructure
Expériences / Formation
- Degree in relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Send your application (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: Infra TC/SSUD