ACTED recruits 01 Investigation Manager
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to provide immediate humanitarian relief in order to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 5,000 staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 16.7 million beneficiaries.
ACTED HQ – Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Department
In ACTED HQ, more than 80 staff are dedicated to the operational support of projects implemented in our countries of intervention.
ACTED adopts a zero tolerance approach towards corruption, terrorism and money laundering and is committed to respecting the highest standards in terms of efficiency, responsibility and transparency in its activities. To this end, ACTED’s Anti-fraud, Bribery and Corruption Policy and procedures:
- Encourages prevention;
- Promotes detection;
- Sets out a clear investigation procedure;
- Sets out a mechanism of sanctions.
In a constant concern to improve its practices and adapt to the challenges of its operating contexts, it has been decided to open a dedicated Investigation Unit within the Transparency, Compliance and Audit department.
Position context and key challenges:
As part of the Investigation Unit, a new position of Investigation Manager has been created. The person will be in charge, under the direction of the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Director, of managing this Investigation Unit.
- The Investigation Manager will oversee ACTED’s transparency hotline and other mechanisms for identifying and reporting potential fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement regarding programs and operations.
- The Investigation Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and managing investigations of cases of alleged fraud, misconduct, or violations of ACTED’s code of conduct in accordance with appropriate professional standards and ACTED’s relevant policies.
The Investigation Manager will ensure that lessons learned from investigations are effectively shared internally and that all necessary remediating actions are taken.
Key roles and responsabilities:
Under the supervision of the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Director:
- Oversee the transparency hotline and maintain a comprehensive consolidated register of all allegations of fraud, misconduct, or violations of ACTED’s code of conduct ensuring that all such complaints are recorded in a timely manner, appropriately forwarded, thoroughly investigated and effectively documented (25%).
- Plan, lead and perform investigations of allegations of fraud or misconduct in accordance with ACTED Anti-fraud policy, ACTED Anti-Terrorism and Anti-Money Laundering Policy and ACTED Conflict of interest policy and applicable professional standards. Includes investigation scoping, planning, fieldwork (document analysis, interviews, field visits, oversight of staff, etc.), reports of findings and recommendations, and verbal and written communications with relevant ACTED management related to findings and necessary corrective actions (30%).
- Verify the process implementation of the third party anti-terrorism screening process consisting in checking the references of third parties with whom ACTED has a contractual relationship in order to ensure that these persons do not appear on the lists of fight against terrorism. Investigate in case of suspected hits (20%)
- Ensure that fraud risks and lessons learned from investigations are shared internally and incorporated into ACTED policies and procedures (5%).
- Develop and deliver fraud awareness training: provide training sessions on ACTED policies and procedures related fraud prevention and detection, investigation mechanisms, or conduct in the event of corruption (10%).
- Prepare of reports and presentations for the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Director, HQ and/or Country Directors, Board and Audit Committee meetings related to investigation and hotline performance and effectiveness (5%).
- Develop ACTED protocols (including policies, procedures, timelines, roles and responsibilities) for communicating the use of the whistleblower hotline and appropriately conducting investigations while respecting the principles of confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality (5%).
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Education: |
- Advanced university degree in Investigations, Law, Criminology, Audit, Accounting, Operations / supply chain or other related fields, or a first level degree with additional years of experience.
- Formal training and/or certification in various law enforcement methodologies/fraud examination or investigation.
- CPA or CIA or CFE is an asset.
- Years of related experience: four years of specialized experience at the level similar, related, or relevant to the work of this job that has given you particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform.
- Previous experience in working in developing countries, is required.
- Previous experience in conducting investigations with governmental organization or an international organization (ie NGO) or an international financing institution, is a strong advantage.
- Previous experience of managing a whistleblower hotline, investigating of internal fraud, references of third parties, conflict of interests, abuse cases is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in theories, concepts and approaches relevant to investigations and practical use of investigation and interviewing techniques.
- Ability to apply good judgment and strategic thinking in the context of internal investigations.
- Excellent English communication skills, including both interpersonal communications and professional/technical writing.
- Experience managing multiple projects and providing direction to team.
- Proficient in Microsoft office technology, with strong Excel data analysis skills.
- Outstanding personal and professional integrity.
- Result oriented, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Quick learner, highly flexible and adaptive.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in cross-cultural environments
- Collaborative workstyle and approach to supporting country management, as they initiate investigation follow-up.
- Fluency in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset