ACF–Slovakia CFPs: Microgrants Fund to Increase Citizen Participation in Civic Activities
Deadline: 1 February 2021
This call for proposals on projects aiming to increase citizen participation in civic activities is a part of the implementation of the programme Active Citizens Fund – Slovakia (ACF – Slovakia or programme).
The ACF – Slovakia supports Slovak civic organizations in engaging citizens in decision-making and public policy making, in efforts to create better conditions for good governance, protect human rights and provide civic education and improve the position of vulnerable groups in society. Particular attention is paid to young people and their participation in public affairs.
The overall objective of the ACF programme is ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
The social activity and interest of citizens in the state, regions and their communities is an essential part of a functioning democracy. By promoting public participation in decision-making and engaging citizens in civil society activities, the ACF – Slovakia aims to increase confidence in democratic institutions and promote public discussion on phenomena that influence development of the society.
The ACF – Slovakia will focus on improving the conditions where the public has an opportunity to engage in public debate to enhance its participation in decision-making. The programme will improve the conditions for civic participation through support for organizations, web tools, platforms and workgroups, but will also enable renovation or improvement of physical spaces (community centres, cultural centres etc.) that serve the long-term purpose of civil participation.
Micro Grants Fund enables a flexible response to emerging needs during implementation of the ACF in relation to the outcome Increased Citizen Participation in Civic Activities. Grants will support initiatives at the national, regional and local level, while special attention will be paid to community based activities.
- The financial allocation in this call for proposals is 150,000 €.
- The maximum grant amount per project is 8,000 €.
- The maximum duration of projects in this call is 12 months.
The non-exhaustive list of the types of activities eligible under the grants:
- Advocacy, awareness-raising and outreach to citizens;
- Watchdog and monitoring, including following up on recommendations of international monitoring bodies;
- Citizen activism, volunteering and civic participation;
- Participation in policy and decision-making processes, including promoting an enabling environment for civil society;
- Support for freedom of expression, investigative journalism and media;
- Countering hate speech, including support to networks working with hate crime victims;
- Promoting LGBTI rights and anti-discrimination activities;
- Capacity building of the civil society sector, including sustainability, networking and accountability of NGOs;
- Partnerships between NGOs, public and private sector entities;
- Civic education and training;
- Research and analysis to inform policy-making;
- Social innovation and social enterprise development;
- Intercultural dialogue, including platforms for minority/majority interactions;
- Inter-generational cooperation;
- Awareness-raising and capacity building on environmental issues including climate change and adaptation;
- Access to information, participation in decision-making and access to justice in environmental matters in accordance with the Aarhus Convention.
- Applicants eligible to carry out and implement projects are non-governmental organisations (NGOs). An NGO is a legal entity in the Slovak Republic, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organisations. NGOs are voluntary in nature, formed voluntarily by groups or individuals and usually involving an element of voluntary participation in the organisation.
- An eligible applicant is registered in the Slovak Republic in one of the following categories:
- Civic Association according the Act No. 83/1990 Coll. on the Association of Citizens;
- Foundation according the Act No. 34/2002 Coll. on Foundations;
- Non-profit Organisation Providing Public Beneficial Services according the Act No. 83/1990 Coll.
- Non-investment Fund according the Act No. 34/2002 Coll. on Non-investment Funds;
- Non-profit Organisation according the Act No. 116/85 Coll. on terms for activities of organisations with international aspect;
- Association of Legal Entities under the Act No. 40/1964 Coll. on Civil Code;
- Slovak Red Cross under the Act No. 460/2007 Coll. on the Slovak Red Cross.
- Political parties, religious organisations, social partners, profit distributing cooperatives, informal and ad-hoc groups and individuals are not eligible applicants.
- Organizations that have not recovered amounts due, following a final court decision in connection with the NGO Programmes 2009 – 2014 in Slovakia, shall not be considered eligible applicants and/or project partners.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://acfslovakia.sk/en/calls/microgrants-fund/