ACF recruits 01 Psychologist –MENTAL HEALTH&CARE PRACTICES, GENDER and PROTECTION HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – MYANMAR
This is a highly dynamic role, especially in light of the most recent developments in Rakhine State of Myanmar, where ACF has been implementing its largest portion of the mission portfolio. ACF has a long-standing presence in Myanmar as one of the key nutrition actors, especially in Rakhine State. In other parts of the country, ACF seeks to expand its programming into more MHCP focused interventions and longer-term programs and in view of the new interest of the Ministry of Health in MHCP, there is an opportunity for technical support. This requires the candidate to be comfortable working across the humanitarian-development spectrum, taking a proactive approach to identifying program needs, constraints, and development opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you will be responsible to define, supervise, and coordinate mental health, care practices, gender and protection programs, and strategies. To guarantee the quality, relevance, and scaling of the MHCPGP strategy and interventions on the mission, respecting ACF and international standards and national policies
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- To contribute to the definition of the country strategy, and definition of the strategy and positioning of the MHCPGP technical department
- To coordinate the identification of needs and formulation of project proposals
- To support implementation and carry out reporting on program/projects
- To guarantee the quality and accountability of the projects
- To ensure the active involvement of ACF in the national sectoral coordination, the technical platforms and develop sectoral partnerships
- To manage the teams
- To promote capitalization, development, technology, and research in the MHCPGP department
- Guarantee and ensure the confidentiality of data collected during the MHCPGP activities of the mission
- Support gender and protection mainstreaming for all sectors
The manager word :
This is a highly dynamic role, especially in light of the challenging context in Rakhine State. ACF’s MHCPGP program is currently present in NRS and CRS and has a long-standing presence in Myanmar. ACF’s MHCPGP Head of Department should expect to participate in the Protection Cluster and the Protection Cluster’s working groups, including MHPSS, GBV, and CP. ACF has been a strong member of the MHPSS working group. ACF’s MHCPGP program is very much integrated with the Nutrition and Health program and ACF is also one of the key nutrition actors in Rakhine State. ACF continues to seek opportunities to expand its programming into other areas/states within Myanmar.
In light of COVID-19, candidates should have an understanding of remote management and demonstrate maturity in times of stress.
Expériences / Formation
You hold a master degree in psychology or psychiatry, and demonstrate both successful clinical and humanitarian field experiences in mental health and care practices in a similar position.
You have experience in project management and capacity building/system strengthening. You have experience in team management ideally also with remote management. You have a relevant emergency or development experience in a humanitarian context. Experience working in collaboration with the Nutrition/Health, FSL and WASH sectors is an asset.
Excellent English spoken and written is required
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Starting date: 9th of December 2020
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 432€ net, field paid.
- + 150€ of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for the non-French citizens.
- + Child allowance limited to 4 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in the guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the Rn R area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical training at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation in external training costs upon eligibility of the request.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
To apply, please visit our Careers Website:
Join us on :
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/