- She/he ensures the proper implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting of the different components of the project.
- She/he is in charge of managing the HR dedicated to the project.
- She/he conducts frequent field visits to plan and monitor the implementation of the activities.
Project Knowledge Creation
- She/he contributes to the project knowledge creation through the writing of activity sheets, design of relevant documentations, with the support of HQ WASH and Education Technical Department.
- She/he carries out regular analysis of the relevance of the project scheme and suggests adaptation when needed.
Logistics and administration
- She/he anticipates the Logistics (procurements; purchase, vehicles, etc.), Administrative and Financial needs related to the project (recruitments, payments, cash requests, etc.)
- She/he prepares technical parts of tendering documents, participates in the follow up tendering process, prepares purchase requests and gives acceptance of payment.
- She/he follows the expenses related to project activities and crosscheck with the administration department on a monthly basis.
- She/he makes sure that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to the project implementation are established and alerts her/his superiors if gaps are observed so that corrective action may be taken.
- She/he is involved in the recruitment of the operational team under her/his management.
- She/he ensures that the administrative HR management of her/his team (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- She/he conducts wash staff meeting in a regular basis and ensures good communication and coordination within the team.
- She/he ensures that her/his team complies with TGH internal rules (disciplinary management when needed).
- She/he performs regular performance evaluation, give working objectives, adapt the job description, identify the needs in terms of capacity building, and conduct trainings.
- She/he is in charge of building capacity of the managed team (identifies the needs in terms of capacity building, and conduct trainings).
- She/he participates in monthly internal coordination meetings and communicates regularly with the Program Coordinator and the Field Coordinator.
- She/he communicates regularly with HQ WASH and Education Technical Department on the project evolution, the technical problems faced, the potential risks and proposes solutions.
- She/he is involved in providing relevant communication on the project (pictures, video, success stories etc.).
Representation and external coordination
- She/he represents the association as required with donors, partners, local authorities (Department of Water Resources, Mayors, etc.) and stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project.
- She/he especially maintains good relationship with other UN and NGO actors.
- She/he ensures regular presence in UN-led WASH clusters.
Reporting and prospection
- She/he writes donor narrative reports and internal reports, including monthly follow up of the project.
- She/he is in charge of gathering data, analyzing them to describe contractual indicators.
- She/he participates in the writing of concept note and projects proposals
- She/he contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to the field coordinator.
- She/he participates to need assessments according to the needs and mission strategy discussed with HQ.
- She/he contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs, linked to the WASH and Education sectors and areas of the projects.
- She/he analyzes, collects relevant information linked to the WASH and Education situation in the country and identifies key trends in collaboration with her/his colleagues and headquarters.
- She/he meets with potential local partners (NGOs).
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Experience / Training
Educational background and experiences
- Technical training in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene or Education
- At least one field experience in WASH or multi-sector project management
- Experience in conflict area / post-emergency contexts desired.
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian environment (NGOs, UN, EU…) in particular of the institutional functioning in case of crisis (clusters, specialized donors, effective functioning of coordination mechanisms…)
- Good knowledge of international Sphere standards and INEE
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management and tools
- Management qualities
- Skills in transfer of competences
- Fluent English mandatory (oral and written); French (oral and written) a strong asset; Arabic would be a plus
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of teamwork
Country: Sudan – based in South Kordofan (El Abassiya) with regular trips to Khartoum.
Duration: 7 months (subject to sufficient funding) – from September 2020
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €1’900 to €2’600 depending on experience, monthly per diem €600, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a resume + a cover letter on our website’s HR page: www.trianglegh.org at the attention of Amandine Ruinart, Human Resources Officer.