You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Prioritizing the safety and dignity of people and minimizing unintended negative effects of the intervention that can increase people’s vulnerability to both physical and psychosocial risks and result in harm, exploitation, and abuse.
- Ensuring that people have meaningful access to impartial assistance and services in proportion to need and without any barriers and paying particular attention to individuals and groups who may be particularly vulnerable or have difficulty accessing assistance and services.
- Ensuring that affected populations can safely provide feedback on the assistance being provided and/or address concerns and complaints.
- Supporting the development of self-protection capacities of individuals and communities and assisting and empowering people to claim their rights, including right to access to basic services such as water and sanitation, health, nutrition, etc.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: At the strategic level, advocate for protection principles to be incorporated into the 5CORE project cycle:
- To strengthen protection mainstreaming efforts across sectors and across implementing organizations.
- Ensure that protection is central to all aspects of the 5CORE response.
Objective 2: At the operational level, that protection principles are being incorporated throughout the project cycle:
Review project documents, plans, and activities and consult with consortium partners to identify protection gaps and entry points.
- Develop a report with recommendations on enhancing integration of a protection lens across program interventions, in line with international standards and best practices.
- Work with implementing organizations to ensure that project activities contribute to dignity and safety of the recipients.
- Support partners in the selection of protection mainstreaming focal points. Develop sector specific protection mainstreaming curricula based on results of program assessment.
- Conduct training of trainers on protection mainstreaming to introduce mainstreaming curricula.
- Support trained focal points to roll out newly developed mainstreaming curricula.
- Provide technical advice and support to protection mainstreaming focal points.
- Contribute to the development of protection mainstreaming guidelines for 5CORE’s specific activities.
Objective 3: At the reporting and monitoring level:
- In consultation with implementing partners, develop indicators for measuring outputs and outcomes of protection mainstreaming objectives customized for each sector.
- Design tools for the data collection based on newly developed indicators and train staff to use new tools.
Expériences / Formation
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Law, Politics, Sociology, Economics or any other relevant field or related degree.
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Experienced in working collaboratively to produce reports and briefs.
- Well-versed in developing and managing the implementation of effective coordination strategies in complex environments.
- At least 2/3 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of humanitarian/development experience and/or project coordination experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- English/Arabic fluent.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong research skills.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Beirut
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted and recruitment will be closed as soon as qualified candidate is selected
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people
HOW TO APPLY
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.