You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Assure management of the financial resources.
- Facilitate, monitor and guide partners and AAH financial reporting, budget follow up and treasury.
- Support and assure full training to the finance staff of the different members.
- Follow up, anticipate, control and/or mitigate any financial risk.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Responsible for compatible financial management of the projects
- update the budget, producing relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- support and follow the financial planning, notably through the regular update of its forecasts based on inputs from different partners/departments
- Ensure the appropriate use of the analytical accounting (codification, use, etc.)
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing any budgetary modification
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, compiling other partners financial reports and preparing and consolidating donor financial reporting.
- Anticipate, control, monitor and/or mitigation of any financial risks linked to the implementation, especially regarding to exchange rate, execution and donor rules compliance.
- Drafting, reviewing and updating Financial part of MOUs with local and international partners.
- Support on the preparation of audits, and facilitate the audit process collecting documents, drafting terms of reference, coordination with audit company and ensure the necessary requirements to undertake the audit.
Objective 2: Ensure a correct and reliable accountancy
- Supervise and validate the monthly closing of the accountancy, following AAH internal procedures and according to the established deadlines,
- Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures
- Supervise the project registry of its accounting into AAH system
- Review of accounting analytical and financial accounting, appropriate use of parameters, matching, use of bank accounts, etc
- Supervise the appropriate archive and control of the quality of all supporting documents to the accounting transactions registered
Objective 3: treasury management
- Define the treasury, Cash Management (CMP) and supervise its correct implementation.
- Control the treasury level implementing the controls and checks established in the project CMP
- Manage relationship with banks.
- Supervise on a monthly/quarterly basis a sample of invoices and its proof of payment.
Expériences / Formation
Desirable studies: Higher education in management, economics and accounting.
Technical specific knowledge Deep knowledge of OFDA guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in financial management and at least 3 year in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in drafting budgets, financial reports, budget follow up and audit reports.
- Previous experience on conducting audits.
Humanitarian sector knowledge: Experience in project management, especially in international contexts and working with institutional donor funding.
Language: English advanced. Arabic is a plus
IT systems: MS Office very strong command. Very advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs
Mobility (national/ international)
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
HOW TO APPLY
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.