Context: Since the conflict between Al Houthi and the Saudi-led coalition that started in March 2015, Yemen has become one of the three emergencies in the world and is thus facing one of the worst humanitarian crisis, with 80 % of the population who is now in need of humanitarian aid. The context is highly challenging in regards to access to the communities despite significant needs in the country. Airstrike, embargo, high prices, etc have caused a profound deterioration of the nutritional situation and hundreds of thousands of lives are at risk.
Presentation of the mission: Since 2012, ACF has been present in Yemen and has been scaling up its emergency intervention substantially. The mission is now amongst one of the largest International NGOs in the country and is recognized as one of the key emergency actors in the country. ACF in Yemen is responding to the current crisis using a multisector emergency approach (Nutrition & Health, Food Security, WASH, and Mental Health programming), and to a multiple large-scale and interconnected emergencies: conflict, food security, and the cholera epidemic. Along with UNICEF, ACF designed and is piloting the country’s first Rapid Response Mechanism, and is representative of the INGO community on the HCT, ICCM, Access Working Group, the HPF Advisory Board, and on the Steering Committee that manages evacuation for the humanitarian community.
Our Nutrition & Health activities in Yemen: In 2017, the Nutrition & Health teams have mainly responded to the needs in Hodeida governorate.
Hodeida by itself gathers 28% of the SAM cases, 22% of acute malnourished children, and 21% of Pregnant lactating women (PML) malnourished. In Hodeida, only 46% of the health facilities are functional, and only ¼ provide primary healthcare services.
In this area in 2016, ACF has been able to provide services for more than 7 000 malnourished children, 7 600 children with illnesses (under 5-year-old) and more than 3 000 pregnant and lactating women (PLW).
Despite having targeted Hajjah governorate, ACF had not been able to operate as planned this year due to access restriction since April 2016, and due to the suspension of mobile clinics.
To build a continuum in the activities, the Nutrition & Health objectives for 2017-2019 are to keep providing primary healthcare for children, adults, and PLW and to support MoPHP (Ministry of Public Health and Population) facilities in delivering CMAM, care capacity building, etc.
ACF is also currently targeting a UNICEF funding to operate in Abyan and Lahj governorates in the South of Yemen.
Thanks to this strong partnership with the MoPHP, the Nutrition & Health ACF teams benefit from a very good acceptance from the Ministry of Health and from populations.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you will be responsible to define the strategies, coordinate activities and technically support the implementation of quality projects in the sectors Nutrition & Health.
More precisely, you will in charge to :
Design, develop and evaluate actions in the field of Nutrition & Health as well as the advocacy actions in the field of intervention
- Collect and quality control of monitoring, follow up and evaluation data
- Maintain quality for the nutritional situation analysis
- Assess the standard of nutritional and medical proposals submitted by his/her teams
- Encourage his/her teams to identify new programs
- Develop an ACF health & nutrition strategy specific to the mission and advocacy actions
Monitor and coordinate programs in the fields of nutrition & health
- Launch nutritional surveys in liaison with the Country Director
- Develop integrated (inter-disciplinary) approach programs
- Collect and analyze data, including the decisions making on this basis
- Provide timely and high-quality activity reports
- Monitoring all the consolidated program budgets relating to nutrition & health allocated to the country
Manage the Nutrition & Health team in the capital and bring technical support to the Nutrition & Health Program Managers
- Evaluate the technical performance and skills of Programs Managers
- Develop the technical skills of Nutrition & Health teams
Develop and launch programs in collaboration with governmental and local agencies
- Disseminate ACF’s nutrition & health strategy at the country level to partners and funding bodies
- Develop and maintain a network of harmonious and productive relationships with national representatives and program partners
Represent ACF and its positioning in the field of Nutrition & Health
- Represent ACF in dealings with national and international authorities on matters of nutrition & health
- Make national and international authorities fully aware of the ACF positions and protocols
Experience / Training
You hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 5 years minimum of professional experience and 2 years prior experience in a similar position. You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and experience in project cycle management and integrated approaches.
You have a strong ability to provide technical support in project proposal development and in conducting needs assessments. You have as well strong skills in capacity-building development, training, and coaching.
You have got excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills are required thus team management experience.
You have a strong capacity to work in intense conditions, insecure and volatile context.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written).
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation, starting as soon as possible
Remuneration and benefits:
- Monthly gross salary from €2450 to €2800 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 616€ net, field paid.
- + € 450 gross monthly allowance related to the context
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for the non-French citizens.
- +500€ per year and per child, (annual maximum of 6000€)
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 2 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical training at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
How to apply
Send CV and cover letter : https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/fr/offre/4545