ACF recruits 01 Head of Human Resources Department Myanmar
Yangon, formerly Rangoon, was the capital of Myanmar until Naypyidaw superseded it in November 2005. Today, with a population of over 5 millions people, it remains the largest city and main economic hub of Myanmar. The city is divided into four districts. The districts combined have a total of 33 townships.
Despite all the poverty, Yangon is one of the safest big cities in the world. It is most unlikely that one can encounter a pickpocket in a crowded place.
HR department consist of 5 national staff in two bases : Yango and Sittwe.
The general size of the mission: more then 350 national staff, 5 expatriates.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will ensure to define Human Resources policy for the mission and coordinate its implementation and deployment throughout the mission in order to provide optimum support to programs.
More specifically, your responsibilities are:
- Contribute to defining mission strategy, clarify the 2021 HR strategy in regards to the 2021 operational strategy
- Supervising the staff administration and payroll
- Provide for the recruitment and training of all employees and promote career development
- Ensure a coherent organisation of work and establish a policy of compensation and benefits
- Implement collective rules and communicate internally
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in Human Resources with the mission’s partners
- Prevent and manage cases of fraud and corruption
- Ensure a favorable environment to enable the nationalisation of the position after 4 months. The HR HOD will need to review the salary grid and implement it in order to be able to recruit his/her replacement.
- Recruit, mentor, capacity build the futur HR HOD
You hold a master in management, HR or business administration or related field; you have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian/early recovery/development sector, with minimum 2 years at a similar position. You have substantial knowledge of social regulations and recruitment processes, and proven knowledge of HR procedures and practices. You have experience in nationalization, mentoring or coaching and eager to work on capacity building with qualified national team and support nationalization.
You have an ability to work at both strategic and operational levels and you are recognized for your excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, management an important team and communication skills.
Fluent English and strong computer literacy mandatory.
Experience with ACF would be an added value.
Specific conditions / salary:
Contract: 4 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 432€ net, field paid.
- 150 € of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every XXX months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
As the Head of HR Department you will oversee all personnel-related matters and straigthen the HR Department with the objective of the nationalisation of your own position. If you are passionate about developing new tools/ approaches, ready to support newly joined country director in mission, looking for an ambitious new mission to test and grow your skills, this will be perfect place for you!
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.