Country : Yemen
Length of contract : 6 months, from as soon as possible
The position :
You will be in charge to define, develop and implement an advocacy strategy, you will be the advocacy focal point for Yemen and you will network and represent ACF at regional and national level.
More precisely your main objectives will be:
- Develop, update, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate ACF Yemen advocacy strategy in line with ACF strategies.
- Act as an advocacy focal point for Yemen by providing direct support to the mission to run advocacy activities and define positions, but also by conveying messaging and other information to HQ counterparts to be able to implement advocacy against their own targets, and feed ACF advocacy strategies.
- Represent, network and attend coordination forums to maintain and mainstream ACF’s position at regional, but especially national level.
- Work closely with the program and support teams to build their capacity in advocacy, but also to ensure that programmatic data and analysis is available for advocacy, communication and other related objectives.
Why to join us?
There are high people needs in conflict context with consequent operational challenges; if you are looking for a stimulating position, join us!
Expériences / Formation
You hold a Masters’ degree in international relations, international humanitarian law, social sciences, politics, development studies or similar field.
You have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian advocacy, representation, negotiation and influence of aid policies at high level.
You demonstrate good knowledge of International Humanitarian Law, humanitarian principles and humanitarian system.
Knowledge of ACF operations and Middle East experiences are desirable.
Arabic and French are an asset.
Status: Fixed term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €2450 to €2800 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 257€ + 359€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 450€ as context allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (every 6 weeks)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website: