Accessible Technology Program inviting Applicants from Canada
Deadline: 2 January 2020
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for Accessible Technology Program which will co-fund innovative projects led by the private sector, not-for-profit organizations and research institutes to develop new assistive and adaptive digital devices and technologies in order to make it easier for Canadians with disabilities to more fully participate in the digital economy.
- The maximum contribution funding to any one recipient cannot exceed $4 million per project per year, and the need for the contribution must be clearly demonstrated by the applicant.
- Project-based funding will be made available through continual national calls-for-proposals over five years, subject to availability of funds.
- To qualify for funding applicant’s organization must be a Canadian legal entity, including for-profit organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and research institutes.
- Applicant’s funding proposal must also clearly demonstrate that:
- Applicant’s proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content;
- With program funding, applicants organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative; and
- Applicants can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe.
- A research institute is defined as any establishment that functions with the primary objective of conducting research, which may include activities in the natural, health or social sciences. This may include any institutes affiliated with post-secondary institutions.
How to Apply
To request an Application Package, please submit name and contact information via gvien website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/118.nsf/eng/00002.html