Abt Associates recruits 01 Finance and Administration Director
Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for a Finance and Administration Director position for the USAID-funded Government-to-Government Operational Support (G2G Ops) project in Senegal. G2G ops aims to provide technical assistance to USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal (GOS) on G2G-related tasks to improve the functionality and effectiveness of G2G components, particularly in the areas of Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Education, through the provision of high quality analytic, management, capacity building and logistic support services to the Health Office, Education Office, Economic Growth Office, Ministry of Health and Social Action, Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Water and Sanitation.
The Finance & Administration Director (F&A), under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), provides financial, administrative, accounting and procurement support to the project team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare local budgets in coordination with the technical staff. Assures the development and monitoring of project budgets, accurate financial reports and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with the COP and the Contract Administrator at Abt/Rockville.
- Monitor and track expenses, and execute payments for local operational transactions, including cost-sharing items for office accommodations, communications, transportation, etc.
- Prepare and distribute local payroll for Abt employees and consultants.
- Supervise project petty cash management.
- Prepare monthly Remote Office Vouchers (ROVs) that record all transactions in US Dollars and local currency, and petty cash transactions, and includes original receipts, timesheets, all related financial reports, and a monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintain Abt’s local bank accounts.
- Verify all invoices and payment requests, ensuring that supporting documents for each transaction are clear and complete.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and consolidate all project spending estimates into a monthly cash/wire request to be submitted to the Project Director in Rockville.
- Provide guidance to Abt Associates on Senegal’s Tax, and Social Insurance Laws.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of appropriate local employees under the project contract.
- Maintain employee personnel files and records of annual and sick leaves.
- Orient new employees to corporate and project policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Coordinate and provide liaison/public relations with the USAID Mission and with appropriate Government agencies to solve problems, or respond to audit and financial questions.
- Work in close coordination with the project’s on-site COP to discuss and solve management, home office, personnel, client relations, vendor, subcontractor, and procedural problems, as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial tracking reports for grants and the overall Partnership Fund.
- Ensure general compliance of project finance and administration with US Government acquisition regulations (FARs, AIDARs, ADS, etc.).
- Supervise administrative/operation staff.
- Make local arrangements for international consultants, such as hotel reservation and airport pick-up.
- Arrange local transportation for consultants and workshop participants
- Assist in preparing materials for workshops and meeting.
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance Administration, Business, or another related field.
- At least 7 years of professional expertise in financial management, accounting, and budgeting, of which at least two years was in donor-funded project financial management.
- Familiarity with compliance of USG Cost Accounting standards.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills such as timely follow-up.
- Understanding of the local context, including rules and regulations for banking, social insurance and other legal requirements required to operate the office.
- Solid knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs), and other USAID operational procedures and policies.
- Solid practical knowledge of office operations, and MS Office software, including strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Proven success in supervisory role managing medium- to large teams.
- Fluency in French required; proficiency in English highly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Closing date : 27 May 2022.Postuler