Abt associates recruits 01 Chief of Party
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Under the supervision of the US-based Project Management Director, the Chief of Party manages, and supervises the successful implementation of the PMI Evolve Project in Senegal and acts as the primary liaison between the project and the local USAID mission, the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), other government agencies completing malaria control activities, and various other malaria stakeholders in-country. The COP is required to provide overall strategic direction, operations management, technical leadership, and financial and administrative compliance for all project activities to assure vector control activities meet desired outcomes, are completed on-time, and within budget.
The PMI Evolve Project supports the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control strategy with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria while promoting equity to sustain malaria gains. Abt has implemented integrated vector control for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality indoor residual spraying (IRS), technical assistance for insecticide-treated net (ITN) distribution and durability monitoring, and new approaches for larval source management (LSM). Additionally, Abt’s PMI-funded work manages the most comprehensive malaria vector entomological surveillance programs in 21 African countries to inform malaria vector control trends, strategies, and impact. Under the PMI Evolve Project, Abt will further its delivery of integrated vector control programs by partnering with local communities, organizations, and governments to co-design and co-implement tailored malaria vector control programs. The end goal is fighting malaria while strengthening local capacity to sustain malaria gains.
- Represents Abt Associates and the Project to the PMI Advisor of the USAID Mission, the Ministry of Health, the NMCP, and other key stakeholders.
- Carries full authority and accountability for project decisions, as delegated by the US-based Project Director.
- Sets and pursues a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners and stakeholders.
- Leads the development and production of all deliverables, including annual country work plans, semi-annual reports, and other Technical reports.
- Ensures that all country planning activities, vector control operations, technical compliance measures, and other deliverables are achieved in a timely manner.
- Develops and leads a capacity-strengthening plan for transferring vector control knowledge and skills to local institutions, and develops important connections for assuring an increased role of local institutions in vector control (e.g. ITN campaign) planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Ensures that gender initiatives increase the participation of women at all levels and in all aspects of vector control programming and ensure their safety.
- Supervises and mentors the Vector Control Manager, Technical Manager, Finance and Administrative Manager, and others as needed.
- Ensures that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development and timely implementation of monitoring plans for all project activities and ensures that data required for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
- Ensures that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and Abt Associates requirements, procedures and practices.
- Ensures that lessons learned and best practices are documented and shared.
Maintains regular communication with Abt Headquarters team, in regard to project updates, issues and general project management aspects.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
- Master Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable), in Public Health/Health Administration (or other relevant health specialization) or Business Administration. Candidates with Medical Degrees are also desirable.
- 12 years of relevant international health experience, including significant experience in malaria prevention and control.
- At least 5 years of project management experience in international health projects/programs.
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, ranging from 5 to 25 employees.
- Experience managing a fast paced, results-oriented, deadline-driven project.
- Significant ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into efficiently implemented program activities.
- Ability to communicate and write reports and other professional documents in English.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.
Laisser un Commentaire