Abt Associates recruits 01 Administrative Assistant, Senegal
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Under supervision of the Senegal Operations Manager, the Spray Operations District Coordinator will focus on programmatic and management oversight for all aspects of the project’s spray operations in Senegal, including campaign planning, technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting. Spray Operations District Coordinator will be temporary based at the district level, and will coordinate closely with government counterparts, and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams in the district.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and implement at district level robust IRS campaign planning efforts, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs; identification and recruitment of spray teams; logistical planning for IRS distribution and transportation; insecticide and equipment storage, security, and environmental safety; and efficient coordination with national and district level MOH counterparts and other stakeholder partners.
- Oversight for recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators.
- Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of insecticide, materials, work with the Logistics & Procurement Officer to procure IRS materials.
- Supervise the management of project funds at district level in collaboration with finance team
- Support field based staff, training programs and collaboration with the IEC component officer
- Support routine program tracking and reporting activities
- Support monitoring and data collection with project M&E team.
- Prepare and organize workshops, meetings at district level
- Draft weekly reports on the progress of project’s activities.
- Support others activities implemented by the project like Net distribution and entomology monitoring.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant health sector field, such as Public Health, Community Health, Entomology, or Environmental Health.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional work experience with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
- Fluency in French, and English language capability.
- (2+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.