Abbott Fund Grants
Major areas of program funding include:Abbott Fund is a private not-for-profit organization which invests in creative ideas that promote science, expand access to health care, and strengthen communities worldwide. In partnership with others, Abbott Fund strive to make a lasting impact on people’s lives and encourage others to action. Abbott Fund approach is to support programs that are results-driven and make a lasting impact on people’s lives.
- Global AIDS Care – The Fund supports HIV programs in the poorest countries of the world hardest hit. The programs key areas are; strengthening health care systems, helping children affected by HIV/AIDS, preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and expanding access to testing and treatment.
- Access to Health Care – The global health programs seek innovative solutions to improve and expand access to health care services for disadvantaged populations. Specific areas of focus include cardiovascular health, diabetes, nutrition, maternal and child health and neonatal care.
- Science and Medical Innovation – Abbott Fund supports new approaches to learning that are designed to foster a better understanding of science and medical innovation and the value they bring to improving human health.
- Community Vitality – Abbott Fund is active in communities around the world where Abbott has a significant presence. Emphasis is placed on improving access to health care and promoting science education. Abbott Fund will not grant to the following entities:
- For-profit entities
- Purely social organizations
- Political parties or candidates
- Sectarian religious organizations
- Trade or business associations Abbott Fund only accepts requests for funding online.
For more information on Abbott Fund Grant Guidelines, visit: Abbott Fund Website