A Chance for Haitian-based Non-profit Organizations to Grab 800,000 Gourdes Each
The Digicel Foundation have launched the third edition of its Konbit Pou Chanjman (Come Together for Change) campaign, an initiative where the Digicel Foundation will invest 800,000 Gourdes in 15 passionate organizations to implement a proposed community project in one of the country’s 10 departments.
Organizations desirous to implement a project are invited to apply for a grant in the following areas: education, culture, inclusion, access, livelihoods, and disaster prevention.
- 15 organizations will receive 800,000 Gourdes to implement a community project. There will be at least one winner per department.
- Winners will be announced in March 2020.
- Any locally registered Haitian-based non-profit organization which includes associations as well as educational and faith-based charitable institutions existing for three years or more can apply for Konbit Pou Chanjman Campaign.
- Note, the following proposals will not be considered:
- Organizations and programs designed to influence legislation or elected to public organizations
- Entities whose services are limited to members of a specific religious group
- Religious and endowment funds
- Campaigns or development oriented funds
- Fundraising or sponsorships (sports teams, advertising, fundraising dinners, etc.)
- Travel conferences, seminars, festivals
- Documentaries, video projects, or research programs
- Organizations that channel funds received from third parties
- An organization can apply for up to two projects which cannot fall within the same category.
How to Apply
- Organizations must submit the following to qualify:
- The Digicel Foundation Konbit Pou Chanjman Campaign Application.
- Current copies of registration as a non-profit organization under Haiti’s tax bureau (DGI: Direction Générale des Impôts), mayor’s office or Government Ministry (Ministry of Planning or Ministry of Social Affairs).
- Organization’s financial statements and bank account statements.
- 2 photographs of the project.
- A one-minute YouTube video about the work of organization (optional).
- Applications and details on required supplementary documents can be found on the given website.
- Completed applications and required supplementary documents are to be submitted to Foundation at the address given on the website.
- Digicel regional offices and stores have access to applications and are trained to assist interested organizations.
For more information, please visit http://www.digicelfoundation.org/haiti/en/home/funding/apply-for-grant.html