Deadline: 15 December 2019
U.S. Embassy in Morocco is currently seeking applications for its 2020 Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) for students leaders on entrepreneurship and economic development.
The Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Entrepreneurship and Economic Development is an intensive short-term academic program whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The five-week Institute will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community.
The Institute will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
All participant costs, including program administration, international and domestic travel and ground transportation, book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowances, housing and subsistence will be paid by the U.S. Department of State.
- Be proficient in English;
- Be interested in the topic of entrepreneurship and economic development;
- Be between 18 and 25 years of age;(by the time of the program)
- Have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- Demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- Have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel;
- Be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
Eligible Country: Morocco
For more information, please visit https://ma.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchanges-programs/youth-programs/